Hancocks Hangover 2/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
We met WW and Delilah, a new contender for best hiking dog ever, at the Hairpin turn and started up the packed down trail around 9:00 on Monday. The shock of the Superbowl outcome seemingly had worn off of Laurie and she was now able to move and function! :rolleyes:

Having done Moriah the previous day, we knew the trails would be hard packed, so we just brought micro-spikes. This turned out to be a great choice, aside from heel-lifters. :p

We made it to the junction in a little less than 2 hours. Minor stream crossing issues, but no one fell in. After a gear/bio break, we opted to head DOWN to the brook and crossed over for the fun to really begin! The trail is a steep sucker! It rises about 1200' in .6 miles! :eek: We took it slowly, seemingly, but we were at the top in almost exactly an hour. The clouds were high enough that we had great views. It was breezy, but no where near oppressive. The temps were around 20.

The walk over to South was easy enough, but the path had been blown in by the breeze. It was covered with up to 6" of powder in places, and a few drifts were even higher. Laurie broke trail like a champ! :D

When we arrived at the top, a Gray Jay was waiting, but flew off, perhaps at the site of the dog? Never seen one there before... ??

We admired the other view point, which was out of the wind, and then made a quick dash/tumble/butt slide down to the junction, in about 18 minutes! :eek: The walk out took considerably longer, but the whole hike was done in less than 6 hours. Unfortunately, the drive home was also about that long! :( We met up with with Pamola for dinner, and exchanged news, some good (a new brewpub is open in Vermont) , some bad (but The Shed is closed! :( )

36 down, 12 to go! :)

Pics as time allows...

We met up with with Pamola for dinner, and exchanged news, some good (a new brewpub is open in Vermont) , some bad (but The Shed is closed! :( )

Thanks for giving me a call. Oh wait, you didn't!:(

Yeah, but Crop will be even better (and is open, just not brewing their own beer yet). Honestly, kinda shocked that you liked the Shed's beer......

36 down, 12 to go! :)

Congrats to you both!!!!! What remains?

Thanks for giving me a call. Oh wait, you didn't!:(

Yeah, but Crop will be even better (and is open, just not brewing their own beer yet). Honestly, kinda shocked that you liked the Shed's beer......

Congrats to you both!!!!! What remains?
We didn't go to the Shed, calm down! :rolleyes: We just heard about it. (Rumor mill says a new 'up scale' brew pub will be in there eventually). As a matter of fact, when Pamola mentioned it, I DID think of you bro! :D

So they (Crop) are NOT brewing yet? Pamola seemed to think they were... :confused:

We went to the Shed a long time ago, and I recall that it was just ok.

We did go to Jasper Murdoch's last night. We had a really good burger / cheese melt / sweet potato fries and some good beer.

12 left: 5 Northern Pressies, Bonds Traverse, Carrigain, Owl's Head and Isolation. A long weekend for you and Joe, a little longer for us! ;)

We didn't go to the Shed, calm down! :rolleyes: We just heard about it. (Rumor mill says a new 'up scale' brew pub will be in there eventually). As a matter of fact, when Pamola mentioned it, I DID think of you bro! :D

So they (Crop) are NOT brewing yet? Pamola seemed to think they were... :confused:

We went to the Shed a long time ago, and I recall that it was just ok.

I don't know if they are brewing yet, but good reviews on food so far. Might go tonight with my chica actually :)

12 left: 5 Northern Pressies, Bonds Traverse, Carrigain, Owl's Head and Isolation. A long weekend for you and Joe, a little longer for us! ;)

Oh whatever :rolleyes:

It seems as though all of our lists are similar, but I have Owl's Head and Isolation both taken care of unlike the rest of you :p He and I will be melting some snow over there this weekend!