Headlamps

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Tinka plus and thought it was decent until I had to use it coming down Mt. Toby (on a jeep road) at night and had much difficulty seeing where I was going. I bought the Black Diamond Vectra IQ. This is a serious headlamp and I would not be without it. It has 4 super bright LED's and 1 superbright zenon. It can also function as a strobe and has multiple adjustments you can make for distance.
You can find it easily in your pack because it has a continuous flash which turns red when the batteries are low.
I consider it one of my finest investments.

Neil said:
One important thing to carry is a spare headlamp. I carry an Ion which weighs about 15 grams.
Correction: the Ion weighs more like 30 grams or one ounce.

A vote for the BD - ION - it's so tiny that I put it on like a necklace when I leave the house and take it off when I walk back in the door.

mtneqgurl said:
A vote for the BD - ION - it's so tiny that I put it on like a necklace when I leave the house and take it off when I walk back in the door.
My only concern about this light is that it takes a special battery that might be difficult to obtain away from the hiking stores. All of my hiking electronics can run off AA or AAA batteries.

Doug