Here comes the big spring snowstorm for the Whites!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
them ava conditions better get low before sat - or I got a bone to pick with ole man winter - :eek:

this storm is tossing a kink in my plans for the weekend :( - why can't NE just have stable weather :p :p :p :eek:

Expect the higher elevations to keep all of this snow for quite some time. Better bring snowshoes for anything above 3000 feet, for some areas got 20+ inches. I would see to know how much the Hancocks got or Willey. There is no real warm stuff for at least a week. -Mattl

Last edited:
I live in Waterville Valley and we really did a dumping of heavy wet snow 8-10"). The mountain did a great job of grooming so it was one of the best ski days of the year( Had a hard time leaving after almost 6 hours of straight skiing). It's still spitting alittle and maybe we'll get more tonight even though I admit I'm ready to move on to spring activities. Tripoli road was clear on Monday and today was completely white. So enjoy it while it lasts!

Huh

Well, in NY it's been sunny since yesterday afternoon, no snow, and I bicycle commuted today.

Glad to hear ya'all are out enjoying the spring snow -- guess Jade's little snowdance did the trick!!

:D

Sugarloaf got about a foot Tuesday night.....skiing has been very good, even before this last storm and is getting better !! Reggae Fest this weekend....should be great skiing and partying !! ;) Closing day set for Easter Sunday (4/16/06); after that bring hiking gear and skins !!

This has been quite a ski season :rolleyes: ...not many powder days, but last weekend I don't think I noticed any bare spots on the regularly maintained trails. I feel like I should be complaining about the skiing, but really can't....its actually very good spring conditions. I think its pretty amazing we're skiing in mid-April, given the amount of snowfall we've had...THANK GOD FOR SNOWMAKING !!

giggy said:
actually - for those in the know - what kind of snow was this?? wet, heavy, or fluff? just wondering - heading up tonight for weekend

Giggy, bring your laptop so you can post a mid-trip report on the conditions :) I'll be heading up Sunday for 2 or 3 days in the Baldface/Wildriver area. I'm also really curious about the snow conditions and hoping I don't have to pitch my tent in 10" of slush.

Chas.

At Loon Mtn in Lincoln, NH they claimed 7 inches. I went snowboarding Wednesday and it was pretty wet and heavy.