hiking Christmas Eve day?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaiagirl

Reaction score
I have the day before Christmas off and was wondering if anyone else plans on being out there on the trails in the Whites? If it's a bad day for hiking because of the holiday I would rather switch with someone with a family, work the "holiday", and maybe get the Solstice off, which I believe is this coming Wednesday. So, is anyone planning on hiking Saturday December 24th? I'd love to know so that I can make a switch soon if necessary.

Thanks in advance :D

hiking to the liquor store to pick up some beer.

Nah - can't get out this day -family stuff going on to celebrate a certain non-denominal holiday that we can't mention anymore.

have fun!!

gaiagirl said:
If it's a bad day for hiking because of the holiday I would rather switch with someone with a family, work the "holiday", and maybe get the Solstice off, which I believe is this coming Wednesday.
The Solstice is Wednesday, but it's not till 1:35 PM (EST), so plan accordingly !

We NY hikers get the whole day! :D

I am actually not working that day, Christmas Eve....... :)
I am also hiking to the NH liquor store, and then back and forth from the refrigerator for the remainder of the night.

Enjoy your hikes!! :D

Yes (and No).......................

Hiking Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Actually hoping to watch the sun set on Christmas Eve from a summit.

The no part is that I'll be in the Adirondacks, not the Whites. I can think of no place I'd rather be with my family those days. :D

I'm up for something Christmas Eve day, sent you and Bob&Geri a message.

amstony said:
I am actually not working that day, Christmas Eve....... :)
I am also hiking to the NH liquor store, and then back and forth from the refrigerator for the remainder of the night.

Enjoy your hikes!! :D

Hiking to the refrigerator and back can be extremely dangerous, in all seasons. After that sixth beer, you might want to strap on the stabilizers and make sure you've got your poles handy. A helmet might not be a bad idea either.