Hiking Etiquette

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want me to what...?

As far as when to wear crampons and when not to wear ... surely they are a safety device. If you feel safer with them on rather than off then wear them. If a fellow hiker objects then make him promise to pay all your medical bills when you slip, fall, and break ankle/leg/wrist/etc.

Then shove him down the hill. :D

Woodtrider apologizes...again.

I thought I was on Summitpost webpage. ;)

Hey people, what makes you think that I am a man. :p

pilgrim said:
This is one of those issues that comes up all the time, but nobody has the guts to address the really hard question: What about the moose? Nothing postholes our trails worse than moose. Is anybody going to do anything about that? I shall not rest until every moose is fitted with snowshoes every fall, thus protecting our precious trails from their greatest threat.

That's why we have a hunting season.

sierra said:
Im old school, many on this board are new to hiking, to me anyone with less then say 300 4ks under your belt is new to hiking, sorry. .

Does that have to be 300 different 4ks? :rolleyes:

Rik said:
Lucky for us, we can bang out 1/2 of those 4K's in the Northeast (US & Canada)!!! Lower the col rule and you can push 200 4K's in the NE. :D :D :rolleyes:

-Dr. Wu

Rik said:
Personally, I was wonderin' if 150 8k's'd do the job. Or 75 16k's.

Gee whizz, after 30 years of winter camping in the great north (flat) woods of Cana-duh, I'm still a beginner. What's a guy gotta do to get a little recognition around here, anyway?

BTW Rik did I ever tell ya the joke about the poor sucker who posted on a Grizzly-Man thread? Ah, Never mind.

DougPaul said:
Yes, but I have also seen people who religiously avoid the use of snowshoes--and when you see them use snowshoes, you discover that they don't know what they are doing...

Uh, how do you not know how to use snowshoes? Place left foot forwards, then follow with right foot, repeat...

Is there something I'm missing here? :confused:

-Shayne