Hiking Jokes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill and Joe put on their packs at the trailhead and started off on their hike. Being typical Mainers and not wanting to disturb the silence of nature they hiked for a half hour without saying a word. Finally Bill in a very soft voice as if not wanting to disturb anyone or anything said to Joe, "Joe, I've got to tell you that after 15 years of marriage I'm getting a divorce, my wife hasn't talked to me in two months." They walked on for another half hour without saying anything when Joe in a soft voice not wanting to disturb anyone or anything said: "Bill, I think you ought to reconsider, women like that are hard to find."

Q: What kind of geological formation are the Uncanoonucs?
A: They're monadnockers.

OK here's a couple bear jokes:

A pastor was hiking through the woods when he came across a huge black bear. He drops to his knees praying, "Oh Lord protect me!" As he cautiously looks over he sees the bear is also on his knees with his paws folded in prayer. The pastor breathes in relief, "thank God...it's a Christian bear! Then he hears the bear's prayer. "Oh Lord..thank you for the gifts we are about to receive..."

I was hiking in the dry River Wilderness with my friend Jack, a dirty, no-good peakbagger ;) when we came across an aggressive male black bear. "Run!" he yelled. I stoppped him saying, "we can't outrun a black bear!" He took off anyway yelling back, "...I don't have to outrun the bear! I just have to outrun yooouuuu!" :eek:

Kayak Jokes

The Top Ten Ways The Sport Would Be Different If Microsoft Built Kayaks:

10. A particular model year of kayak wouldn't be available until AFTER that year, instead of before.

9. Every time you wanted to try a new paddle, you would have to buy a new kayak.

8. Occasionally your kayak would stop dead in the water for no apparent cause. No amount of paddling would budge it. You would have to tow it back to the launch site and restart your kayak. For some strange reason, you would simply just accept this.

7. Two people could not both paddle your kayak unless you paid extra for a '95 kayak or NT kayak in which case you would also have to buy an extra seat and expensive new charts.

6. A sophisticated marketing blitz would make you feel like a second-rate tasteless slacker for failing to upgrade your kayak. OOPS -- wait a minute -- that's ALREADY happening.

5. Sun Microsystem would make a kayak with 70% less hull drag, half the weight, watertight in all conditions and twice as stable. Unfortunately, it could be used on only 5% of the existing rivers.

4.Your Microsoft kayak's compass, weather radio, and sump pump would be replaced with a single "General Kayak Fault" warning light.

3. The enthusiast press would get people excited about the "new" features of Microsoft kayaks, forgetting completely that they had been available in other brands for years.

2. Microsoft's inconsiderable owners manual would spawn a whole cottage industry of outsiders who would write hundreds of books explaining how to paddle your Microsoft kayak. Amazingly, we would buy all they printed.

1. If you wanted to go kayaking in a group with your club members or friends (known as Network Kayaking). EVERYONE in the group will have BUY special group kayaking accessories however, only one member of the group (known as the kaysysop) would have the foggiest notion of exactly what they did and no one else would be permitted operate them.

Unknown Author

A Frenchman, an Englishman, and a New Yorker were captured by a fierce Indian tribe. The chief comes to them and says, "The bad news is that now that we've caught you, we're going to kill you, and then use your skins to build a kayak. The good news is that you get to choose how you die."

The Frenchman says, "I take ze poison." The chief gives him some poison, the Frenchman says, "Vive la France!" and drinks it down.

The Englishman says, "A pistol for me, please." The chief gives him a pistol, he points it at his head, says, "God save the queen!" and blows his brains out.

The New Yorker says,"Gimme a fork." The chief is puzzled, but he shrugs and gives him a fork. The New Yorker takes the fork and starts jabbing himself all over - the stomach, the sides, the chest, everywhere. There's blood gushing out all over, it's horrible.

The chief is appalled, and screams, "What are you doing???" The New Yorker looks at the chief and says, "So much for your f*-ing kayak!"
Unknown Author

A pair of Bestfriends are doing a month long trek through the jungles of south america, they were about 5 miles outside of a village they had stayed at the night before. One of the hikers goes to slightly off the trail to relieve himself and right before he is done a snake bites him right on the(male anatomy). His friend sits him down on a rock drops his pack and bolts back to the village to find the doctor.
He finds the doctor and tells him what happend and described the snake that bite his best friend in the whole world. The doc tells him the only way to save his friend is to suck the poison out of the affected area. The hiker thanks the doctor and begins his hike back to his friend.
In pretty good time he finds his way back to his injured friend and his friend asks in a weak voice " What did the doctor say?" His friend says " The doc had bad news my friend, your not gonna make it"