Hiking Suggestions - Sebago/Long Lake Maine Region

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChileMass

Reaction score
The family and friends will be at Sebago Lake State Park from July 14-18, and I am looking for suggestions of interesting hikes in the Naples/Harrison/Bethel region that would have good views of the lakes, etc. Anyone got any favorites? Looking for moderate hikes that would be appropriate for kids, and also some that would test the adults. Thanks.......

I think that Pleasant Mt in Bridgton offers nice lake views.

Due west of Sebago Lake, Douglas Mountain Preserve boasts the highest point of land for several hundred square miles. There is a stone tower on the summit which provides views of Sebago Lake and the surrounding region. On clear days, you can see Mt. Washington and the Atlantic Ocean.

It's not a challenging hike, but very nice for families and small children. The summit is a 15-minute walk from the parking lot. There is a longer 3/4 mile loop trail from the summit into the woods on the south side of the mountain.

Directions: Take Rt. 107 in Sebago, turning west onto Douglas Mountain Rd. (Fire Lane #52). Follow this road approx. 3/4 mile, taking the first paved road to the left. Continue on this road until it ends. Watch for signs for parking.

I've not done this hike, but have heard that Burnt Meadow Mountain in Brownfield is very nice. The trailheads are located on Rt 160, about 1/2 mile south of Burnt Meadow Pond. More information HERE. Click on the icons on the left hand side for specifics.

The MMG (Maine Mountain Guide) published by the AMC lists many hikes in the Oxford Hils that are within 30-45 minutes of NorthEast side of Sebago Lake. If you want to go further, you cna spend tons of time in the Evans Notch Area