Hiking the 48, a long strange trip!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very well written, reflective, and inspiring trip report. Congrats for finishing and best of luck in future journeys :)

Hey, Liza, great news! As one of the many who have been "with you" on the board, hikes and gatherings over the years -- you've achieved an intimacy with your outdoor surroundings that many strive for, but not all know. The words you share are inspiring. Congratulations on the 48th!

Blue...congrats on your finish! Sounds like you had a great time out. Great TR! (Wish I coulda been there to test out some of Seema's Chicken Tikka Masala ;) ...yummy!)

Congrats on the 48 and nice report, Liza. Did you happen to notice if the herd path is getting beaten down to the north of the formerly signed tree on Owls Head? Some weekend this month (maybe Columbus Day if the rain holds off), I am planning to resurvey the summit ridge with a larger Paulin altimeter than the one I used last July (this one weighs 3 or 4 pound, is about a foot in diameter, and should be accuracte to about one foot; will return to the old signed tree to check for drift, as I do not plan to bushwhack out via 13 Falls this trip).