Index of Stinkyfeet anf Frodo's trip reports

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Index of Stinkyfeet and Frodo's trip reports

Stinkyfeet and Frodo are posting daily trip reports here, but the nature of bulletin board software is that such threads soon get scatterred all over the place.

To help you track their progress I have put a collection of links to the individual trip reports here.

I plan to update the file either the night the report is posted or, if I go to bed before they post it, next morning.

Last edited:
They have not posted what they are attempting to do, but clearly it is to do the 48 in winter in as short a period as possible. Whatever number of days they take will be a record, as nobody (as far as I know) has ever attempted it.

I seem to recall that a few months ago Tim Seaver was thinking of attempting to do the 48 in 14 days. It looks like they decided to give it a try, and with 45 peaks in ten days they should easily beat that goal. If things go well they have at most two days left, Carrigain and Waumbek one day and Owlshead the other. Can they do all three in a day? Tune in tomorrow for the answer!

Last edited:
Their goal is to do the 48 4Ks in winter in 12 days!

I am in absolute awe of what Frodo and Stinkyfeet are doing. I hiked with them (briefly) the Saturday after Christmas. The goal for them that day was Garfield, Galehead, N. & S. Twin. I managed to stay with them for about 2.5 miles when they left me in the dust (snow). I don't know how they have done this. Their intineraries just blow me away! Of course, they have been lucky - no major storms during this time. One nor'easter and they would have been very hard pressed to complete this quest in the 12 days allotted.

Congratulations to Frodo and Stinkyfeet

Wow! I wish I could hike like that. All 48 in 12 days. I too am in awe of Frodo and Stinkyfeet. Congratulations on breaking the record! I hope I get to hike with the two of you sometime.

donna

The timeframe I had loosely suggested was actually 10-15 days. But 7 is definitely doable given excellent weather, firm trails, and the right mindset. :D

You can see a copy of the original thread here
(asbestos gloves recommended)

But somebody (Tim in disguise?) also mentioned it on the Peakbagging the New England 4000 Footer Peaks Forum, and it's still there.

That must have been somebody else Roy.
I save my disguises for costume balls.;)

Anyway, here's to Frodo and Stinkyfoot, on a record setting grand winter traverse of the NH 48, done in style. I am glad to see the weather and trail conditions were relatively favorable for their quest. Nice going!

HIP! HIP! HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY!:D :D

Tim Seaver said:
That must have been somebody else Roy.
I'm sorry about my faulty memory, Tim. I have deleted the offending thread and rewritten it here.

Somebody asked about 7 days on the Peakbagging the New England 4000 Footer Peaks Forum. http://www.voy.com/76694/180.html
Perhaps someone knows who this might be.

Now that there is a broken track the whole way, it will be that much easier to do it faster, if done in the next few days :)