Info needed on East Mountain (VT)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summit of East Mountain

The high point certainly seemed to be outside the cleared/built-up area but my friend and I missed finding any register as well. The badly run down buildings there and on the road in seemed terribly sad..no clean up, no remediation, just abandoned.

Just read "The Disposable Man" by VT mystery author Archer Mayor, the book ends with an improbable shootout on one of the radar buildings and the cover has a completely bogus illustration of the summit

The book does have some interesting historical info obtained from Ed Sawyer

East mtn or Radar mtn

Hi Ginger Lang and I did this mtn back in Sept 12 1999 with no problems to speak of . The 1st approach was from the west, but the road past a house was gated. Looked at the atlas, found a road from the SW, drove to a T intersection (no gate ) the road to the left was the 1st one we tried. Took a rt passed several buildings and then the road went left and right up the mtn. There were a few cars on top. Were able to get on the roof, and the foliage was great with real nice views all around. Came down and looked for the jar after dropping down over 250' to meet the drop from coll to top. The jar was actually a large plastic bag with tape on tree aways in from the top. Had a great time. Bill Bowden and I tried the same thing years later, but the T intersection was now gated and locked. Glenn