Isolation Winter 'Whack Track?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtruman

Reaction score
Has someone got a GPS track for Isolation using the winter bushwhacks? I'd swear I've seen one posted here before but couldn't find it with several searches. If the near-summer temps this week don't totally destroy the conditions we're hoping to give it a go next weekend.

Last edited:
There should be no need for a GPS track. Go to the height of land on Engine hill, and ride ~3000 foot contour. Pretty simple. :cool:

Brian
Having just been there, and talking to another hiker, we noticed that the route ascends slightly as it progresses towards the summit, with a few annoying puds. I believe the reason is to avoid boggy areas. But it sure looks like you could just take a straight line when reading the map!

Thanks everyone. Good advice. I'm quite sure that we won't need the track and that the packed out route will be obvious. Always nice to have the track for backup just to be sure. Thanks to the couple of people that PM'd and emailed me the tracks. Now if the snow just hangs around for another week...

Paradox has created a fine library of tracks on Wikiloc.

Good to see the diehards still pushing M&C for GPS users. Reminds me of someone suggesting a handcrank phone to others using a smartphone - ;)

Good to see the diehards still pushing M&C for GPS users.
You can also use the M&C directions to place waypoints in a GPS and follow either or both in the field.

I also placed a waypoint at my ingress stream crossing to make sure I could find the good snowbridge on the way out. (I bushwacked to the ridge at the col just N of Isolation.)

Doug