It's Not About the Hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonadnockVol

Reaction score
I just saw a presentation at Keene State College by two VFTT members: WOWSER and p2piper. They gave a multimedia presentation called "It's Not About the Hike" about their journey of climbing the 67 NE 4000'ers over the last 2 and 1/2 years and the lessons they learned. I found the presentation moving, profound, inspirational and funny. And since they are giving it three more times this weekend (and the talks are free and open to the public) I thought I'd give a plug for it here. Go and see them: you'll be glad you did.

They're also created a challenge program to train non-hikers to be able to climb a 4000-footer. It's nice to see VFTT members doing such great stuff.

- MonadnockVol (aka Steve)

Below is the description of their talk (and the times and locations) of their presentation from their website http://www.its-not-about-the-hike.com/

"Join us for a presentation of It's Not About The Hike that highlights our extraordinary journey climbing all the mountains 4,000 feet and higher in New England in just three years.

The presentation, including pictures, movies and music, is a sharing of not only what we have seen - the natural splendor of the New England mountains -- but also what we have learned about ourselves as we climbed. You will leave feeling inspired!

Upcoming Presentations

March 28, at 11 AM, at MoCo Arts Wellness Center, 9 Elm Street, Keene
March 31, at 5:30 and again at 7:30, Keene Public Library"

Thanks for posting this -- I took a look at the corresponding website and found it inspiring and entertaining.

I particularly like how for each hike up a peak the site included a "Holy Shit Factor"...

It's Not About The Hike

We've been following the adventures of Pat and Nancy for about a year now. It is so enjoyable reading their essays; they make you want to laugh yourself silly, make you want to cry sometimes and make you think. I wish we didn't live so far away as I think it would be a great experience to meet these two ladies in person.
Little D

Last edited: