Jan. 11 snow thread

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 5" of light fluff at 1500 feet in Waterville Valley, and still coming down steadily. Winds on the valley floor are calm, too -- should be a nice day to be outside.

10" of nice light powder in Peterborough. I wish Monadnock was open:(
I'll probably head up S. Pack with my skis.

I-93 pileup

59 vehicles involved in a pileup near Derry, NH this morning. Cars, buses and the UMass women's hockey team! No serious injuries. The traffic must be terrible.

6-7 inches here in Albany NY area. Good to go snowshoeing in the neighborhood woods:)

We're up to 8" of incredible powder here in Littleton, and it's still snowing lightly. It's easy to shovel and it's great "snowshoeing" snow.

I'm in Bath, NH at my mother-in-law's (not too far from Littleton) and we have about the same - 8+ of light freshies. I just got back from a 90-minute snowshoe with the dogs. Beautiful!

Tim

Catskills saw 10" of fresh white stuff n expecting more all this week.

I'm in Bath, NH at my mother-in-law's (not too far from Littleton) and we have about the same - 8+ of light freshies. I just got back from a 90-minute snowshoe with the dogs. Beautiful!

Tim
Except for the M-i-L thing, I had the exact same experience right down to the time, here in Holderness! :)

59 vehicles involved in a pileup near Derry, NH this morning. Cars, buses and the UMass women's hockey team!
And one VftT moderator. :(

We were the last car to stop safely (although we were bumped from behind by a sliding car) but every car in front of us was piled up and crumpled. After about two hours we could back out and headed for an alternate skiing destination. I can report that there was 6"+ of light fresh untracked snow. :)

Glad you escaped unscathed, David! That looked a bit nightmarish on the news - I can only imagine what it was like right in the middle of it!

...oh, and about 6" of fluff here in Bethlehem, give or take an inch or two :)

And one VftT moderator. :(

We were the last car to stop safely (although we were bumped from behind by a sliding car) but every car in front of us was piled up and crumpled. After about two hours we could back out and headed for an alternate skiing destination. I can report that there was 6"+ of light fresh untracked snow. :)

Yikes, how frightening! I'm glad you're okay.

N NJ got 2" fluff with 1/4" crust on top. Like an apple cobbler. Long way from the 8-10" forecast. The rsult of doing GFD calcs on a Blackberry vs a Cray??