Katahdin cam!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

injektilo

Reaction score
www.katahdincam.com

I found this pretty cool webcam of Katahdin today. There is a time lapse movie for a day in November that you can download that I found rather neat.

Every morning when I come into work, I always check the Mount Washington webcam... now I can check the Katahdin cam as well!

My brief search didn't reveal this topic so hopefully this hasn't already been posted. If so, I apologize and the thread may be deleted.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
the 07:28 image this morning was quite nice...the 07:43 was better

katahdin2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, it looks like I have more snow in my backyard than there is up at BSP!
Great link, thanks PB!!

Awesome link! It's now one of my daily "1st things to do" when I arrive at work in the morning. There is a group of us heading there in 14 days, so hopefully they get more snow. :) BTW, almost looks like the camera is mounted on the roof of the "La Casa" in Millinocket (with a telescopic lens)...

Frodo, the cameras at La Casa don't point towards Katahdin :D

It looks like it's right near Shin Pond somewhere. Either that, or it's near the big farm on Rt. 11 outside of Patten. That's my favorite view of the mountain!

we only got 4 inches here in the Bangor area but the coast got quite a bit more.

Very early Saturday morning I got the year's first ski tracks on Cadillac in 8-10 inches of the best damn powder since, well, since last year :D I'll post some pics and a TR soon.

spencer

is it from the highway overlook?

It looks similar to the view from the Rt. 95 Scenic Pulloff (closed in winter)

Nadine said:
My mom, who lives in Sherman/Patten, thinks it's the view from the big farm on Rt 11????Nadine

Yeah, that's gotta be where it is. The view from the I95 turnout is much farther away, and it has ponds or bogs in the foreground, I think. The angle is a little different, too.

That spot has one of the best views in the world--imagine waking up every morning to that!

bubba said:
where is Knife Edge then, coming off Pamola toward the viewer?

Coming at you, yes, but with Pamola on THIS side of it.

But don't take our word for it, Bubba. You have to come up and see it for yourself! ;)

Mad Townie said:
But don't take our word for it, Bubba. You have to come up and see it for yourself! ;)

Okay, you'll have to take me there, then!! It's certainly on my list, just not on my calendar!!

The whole notion of hiking this mtn... Is it that Katahdin is remote and known to many as the northern terminus of the AT, that doing it is special?? I mean that in contrast to doing Washington or Marcy... dopes* from all over want to only do them (the big one), rather than understanding the true nature of the environment within the wilderness that they exist.

*disrespect to nobody. I just felt like being politically incorrect. Done so with due respect for the choice of culture(s) whose contributions to our society have been meaningful and fulfilling if not purely enjoyable to those engaging in any or all activity associated with hiking atop mountains in the northeast... :p