KATAHDIN in Winter - Baxter and Hamlin Feb 2005

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seema, my pee buddy!!

Awesome trip report :)
Geez, was I really *that* intoxicated???? :eek: I must have been to suggest sleeping on Chimney Pond :cool:

Many thanks to GO and Frodo for getting us safely up and down Baxter and Hamlin, and in and out of Baxter Park, you guys are my heros :D :D

We sure had a great group of people and the perfect blend of personalities, not to mention stellar weather. This trip is going to be tough to beat. I'm looking forward to next years trip already :) :)

..and then there's Denali, right Seema ;) We need to get together and train, a few more crampon and ice axe lessons and we should be all set ;)

Missing all of you,
Nadine

have fun on the Baxter traverse

Wow! Congrats to all of you! I hope with lots of more experience and friends to help me I can try something like that. Stuff like that should be in a magazine!

A Special Place

Seema,

Your wonderful trip report not only allowed me to vicariously enjoy your trip, but it also reminded me of two winter trips to Chimney Pond with ChrisB and some other friends. Your words captured beautifully the mystery and majesty of viewing the Katahdin massif from Chimney. It was particulary beautiful under a full moon (Chris slept on the pond that night and got a nose kiss from a pine marten), and when the sun illuminated it first thing in the morning. A special place.

Thanks for helping me remember it.

--Mike