La Sportiva Wearers, Please Rate-Raptor vs Crosslite II

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

una_dogger

Reaction score
Getting ready to order a couple pairs of trail runners for the upcoming summer hiking season -- I know some out there chose the La Sportiva Raptor last season -- and others the Crosslite II.

Please share your opinions on Grip, Support, Feel, True to Size, tread wear, and are you going to buy them again this year?

Thanks! :)

The fit of the Crosslite was very restrictive for me, having a small toe box and extremely narrow instep. I have found the Raptors to be well-suited for varied tecnical terrain and single track and are my favorite choice for longer, epic trail runs. With superior stability and breaking capabilities, the Raptor makes for a light-weight, responsive trail runner. I chose to go up one half-size.

I ended up with the Crosslites! :)

Can't wait to break em in!

Agreed the toe box is narrow, but not too narrow for my feet, I can see it could be an issue for some.

Love the scree screen feature !

Another vote for the Raptor.

I believe the Raptors are the only trail shoe that La Sportiva makes with their FriXion XF rubber. I've been wearing them on and off for a few months and they are EXTREMELY grippy on wet, slabby rock. I'd say it is about as good as Inov-8's sticky rubber compound, which is simply unparalleled.

They also come in a women's-specific model now which is great! I find them to be super comfortable and very compatible with snowshoes... :cool:

Let us know what you think of the Crosslites. I've never tried them out myself, but have heard good things about them.

Actually, the crosslite II are made with the FriXion AT rubber sole and Impact Brake System -- so far, very grippy in the kitchen. :)

I won't be rating them for running but will post back about their hike-ability!

Another vote for the Raptor.

I believe the Raptors are the only trail shoe that La Sportiva makes with their FriXion XF rubber. I've been wearing them on and off for a few months and they are EXTREMELY grippy on wet, slabby rock. I'd say it is about as good as Inov-8's sticky rubber compound, which is simply unparalleled.

They also come in a women's-specific model now which is great! I find them to be super comfortable and very compatible with snowshoes... :cool:

Let us know what you think of the Crosslites. I've never tried them out myself, but have heard good things about them.

I think there's a difference between the XF and the AT?

http://sportiva.com/frixion/index.php

Can't wait to hear more about the shoes once you test them out on the trail. A girl can never have enough trail shoes... :D

I am sure you are right, you read the specs!

I wore the Crosslites tonight on a short hike -- GREAT GRIP! The toe box did feel a little weird at first -- but felt fine by the end of the walk -- the "scree screen" over the tongue makes it impossible to adjust the laces underneath.

I wore the Crosslites tonight on a short hike -- GREAT GRIP! The toe box did feel a little weird at first -- but felt fine by the end of the walk -- the "scree screen" over the tongue makes it impossible to adjust the laces underneath.

Nice...
...yep, that blast scree guard looked to me as if it could be a bit of a rascal.