Large winter storm coming

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Have the POWER!!!! (Spoken in a deep He-Man voice),

Lights finally came on at 9pm last night. The kids took hot chocolate and cookies to the linemen, one who was from Texas and had never seen snow of any magnitude. Majorly cool dudes!

Best wishes to those still in the dark!!! Anyone need hot chocolate and cookies?

BTW: Does anyone know if Rte 140 from 202 to 2 is open? I have a meeting in Mass on Monday.

Got a foot in Manchester area. Very fluffy, and it has been lightly snowing all day. Looking like getting another 6" + on Sunday, but it sounds like it will be a wetter snow.

Plus we're now (Friday afternoon) getting hit with a really nasty snowstorm.

Global warming, my ass!

First, my condolences to everyone who lost power and good luck to all in getting power restored as soon as possible. After the Northeast icestorm of January 1998, the climate community warned that we should expect more icestorms in New England because of GW. A lot of people soon thereafter bought portable generators. Folks farther south in the Appalachians have a longer history of severe icestorms than we have, but as New England winters become warmer, we may experience more icestorms also. I will take snowstorms over hurricanes and icestorms anytime. I got out of Dodge for the American Geophysical Union meeting in California just as the icestorm was ramping up (I spent most of my time attending climate sessions at the meeting), but my house in northern NH escaped by a couple of degrees once again. I am assuming that there are now lots of orange Asplund trucks from out of region on site? There has been lots of talk about rebuilding the grid (power, not NH4s 48x12) over the next few decades as we migrate from carbon to alternative energy sources; perhaps much of the wiring infrastructure will head underground?

Many newer neighborhoods are entirely underground already... All it takes is one span above ground to ruin things for the entire neighborhood ;)

6 days and 15 hours w/o power. I'm hoping everyone here has it back now or will very shortly!

Tim

Day 9 without power here at the foot of beautiful Mt Monadnock in Jaffrey, NH. A fresh foot of snow and more to come. Wow.

Whooo Hoooo for those who have power back!

p2

It's been snowing for about 36 hours from the 19th in the afternoon to Sunday the 21st at this point, very lightly though. Supposed to kick in for another 4-8" today. Snowblower is already getting a workout...

You guys have it real bad there. I watched some of the videos and it's not pretty. I now see why my sister has been unable to get a flight out of Boston to Santiago, Chile now for three days. They gave up this afternoon and drove to Newark, NJ hoping to catch a flight from there.

Hope they were able to get out of newark... I heard on the news that Newark was back to normal monday morning but they did have delays throughout yesterday. We had about 3-5" of more snow on sunday though it didn't turn to widespread rain where I live (a bit north and west of Newark)...

Jay