Looking for Light Weight Hikers

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there such a thing as an approach shoe that doesn't have a narrow toe box? I'm considering abandoning full blown boots this year and going to a lighter, lower shoe like an approach shoe but several of the models I checked out have that pointed front like a rock climbing shoe, which I know will be wildly uncomfortable for my wide feet.

I ended up buying a pair of La Sportiva Core and a pair of Scarpa Tech Assent. Scarpa looks and feels like a solid boot but the toe box is on the narrower side like you mention. The Sportiva Core is a wider toe box than I expected and very much welcomed. If I hadn't read numerous reviews claiming these are durable boots I wouldn't believe it. From what I've read, rubber is soft so keep off asphalt, but they grab well on the terrain they are meant for. They fit very well so these are a keeper. The upper feels as if it is not there while the lower feels stout. Heel seems to just lock in place very comfortably. They are by far the lightest boots I've ever owned. Looking forward to testing them on some trails!