Looking For Skis That Comparable To Fishcer Rebounds

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
I have a pair of Fischer Rebound skis and like them very much for their turning, climbing and overall versatility. I have recommended them to my friend but i dont think that Fischer sells or replaced with a ski with comparable capabilities although i could be wrong. Can anyone recommend skis that are comparable to the FIscher Rebounds? Thanks

The Rebounds (88-60-78) have a more dramatic sidecut than most similarly sized skis.

I have Fischer Outtabounds (88-68-78) with have about the same shovel and tail but a wider waist. They are overkill for tracks, underkill for steeps but terrific for everything in between.

I have Fischer Europa 109s (78-60-68), which are similar in waist to the Rebounds but have a slightly narrower shovel and tail. They are about as good as the Outtabounds for everything but are a bit quicker.

My wife has Karhu GTs (76-62-68) which are probably the closest thing you'll find to the Rebounds. They are also good for everything in between tracks and steeps. they don't have the dramatic sidecut of the Rebounds and don't turn quite as well.

Mine are all waxable but I know there has been a lot of discussion of the merits of Fischer vs. Karhu fishscales. I've heard a lot of complaints about Fischer's negative pattern but I have no actual experience with either scales.

My local shop has some Rebounds leftover. You might find a new pair scouring the web.

I'm sure at least Dave M. and el_bagr will pipe in with good suggestions.

The new version of the Karhu XCD GT is 83-62-70. The new XCD 10th Mtn is 99(!)-68-84. (Beyond that is the XCD Guide, which is beyond what we're talking about here.)

Atomic probably has something in the design you're seeking. I've lost track of the most recent changes, so you might look yourself. I'm thinking that their Chugach, etc. would be suitable.

EDIT: And BTW, for non-wax bases, Karhu excels above the others. JMHO.

Last edited:
I have the Atomic Rainier circa 2005, which at the time had the same width and sidecut as the Rebound. I think the Atomic Chugach matches to the Fischer Boundles dimensions.

While I don't know for sure, I'd be surprised if Fischer had stopped making the Rebound. From everything I'd read it seemed as though people liked it and it was selling well.

By the way, I love the Rainiers. True, they don't do everything, but they are what they are and they ain't what they ain't.

And Spencer, those Outtabounds are like, soooo early 2000s. :)

Yep, Atomic Rainier-virtually the same ski as far as I know. Got a pair myself and really like them, but they are my first pair, so nothing to compare them to.

And boots

I'm using the Alpina BCs which are great for covering distance, and comfy for snow-shoeing but lousy for tele. What boots and bindings are you guys using?

-Sir (not Sec nor Sen) Hillary

I got talked into Garmont Excursions last year (with Karhu 10th Mt. skis); this year got longer, skinny skis (Fischer Silent Spider) with Alpina 1575s.

I now prefer the beefy boot and the longer ski.

The Alpina boot is comfortable and light, but it flexes, does not turn rigidly.

Now I'm trying to break in those Garmonts and get 'em loosened up a bit. They're awesome: warm, powerful, comfortable. Just a bit heavy.

edit: Oops, forgot you asked about bindings: Voile Mountaineer on the skinnies, Voile Cable on the fatties. Pretty much identical performance (sans cable).

Last edited:
I use Rossingol BC X 11 boots. They fit well and seem to perform nicely, however, I find the ratchets cumbersome to engage and I have already ripped off the tab use to move the zipper. Other than these items I do like them

I use Rossingol BC X 11 boots. They fit well and seem to perform nicely, however, I find the ratchets cumbersome to engage and I have already ripped off the tab use to move the zipper. Other than these items I do like them

Garmont Excursions used the same ratchets but have gone to a wire and slot buckle because of the same cumbersome problems. Unfortunately they have done away with the Thermofit liners which were lighter, warmer and fit better. For bindings I highly reccomend the G3 Targa Ascent or the Black Diamond O1 as both offer a Touring Mode which really helps alot when climbing for long periods with skins.