Mackeral Sky Over Reflection Pond...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w7xman

Reaction score
I just wanted to share and get critique on this image...one I've been after for years...

Conditions on Reflection Pond in Shelburne are tough...if it's clear in the morning when the light is good, fog obscures the view. If it's cloudy, no light. I reached a compromise Sunday Morning!!!

Would love to hear thoughts...

Canon 20D w/Sigma 18-200 @ 18mm
1/25 @ F13
ISO 100
Polarizer
2 Stop Hard GND at waterline

2918727753_082645824e_o.jpg

Nice image! The dark blue sky in the UL corner kept grabbing my eye though. I cropped the sky just below that and it felt better to me.

JohnL

Great Picture. It's nice to see a familiar place in a new light.

DougPaul said:
Nice pic.

I'm happy with it as it is, but if one must crop, I'd take a bit off the bottom to emphasize the symmetry of the sky and water.

Doug

Agree completely.

I rather like how the clouds have a feeling of rushing towards you. But plain and simple I love the balance of interesting cloud feature and foliage color.

Brian

I like the photo very much. There is good mix of beautiful fall color and interesting cloud patterns. There is just the right amount of ripples and plant life showing in the water to adequately justify the asymmetry, and the reflection is the more interesting part of the image for me.

I am not much bothered by the blue sky at the upper left. Although it does catch my eye a bit, my attention is ultimately and consistently drawn into the distant peak.

A very effective photo. Well done.

Thanks guys. Of all the places I post photos to, I seem to get the most creative, relevant and honest critique here. I shot about 40 frames from this location, so John, I'll see If I have one with less blue, and I'll poke around for a bit more balance to it too!

Best, and thanks!

Jim