Meet the Legendary - Fred Beckey

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John H Swanson

Reaction score
Okay, you have to go to NJ and it's mid week, but hey, how many times do you get the opportunity to meet Fred Beckey?

Fred will give a slide show about Denali, Cascdes, Wind River Mtns and highlights of Canadian Mountaineering

November 1st - 7pm.
Ramsey Outdoor Store
240 Rt 17 North
Paramus, NJ

Admission is Free. It's a relatively small venue so it's good to show up early.
For more info call. 1-800-699-5874

For all of us who used his guides to the Cascades it will be a treat to meet the man who gave us the answers to the routes... And many a climber has linked his name to an obsenity when faced with the challange of following one of his routes.

For any of you southerners, he will also be at the end-of-the-season chili cookoff at Seneca Rocks. Always a good time!

daxs said:
AMF, can you give more details on this?
Sorry its so late! Chili cookoff is a (somewhat) annual event at Seneca Rocks - local businesses sponsor a end of the year bash... chili contest, pig roast, band, speakers, great door prizes... & its free! Targets climbers, but anyone wandering thru can stop in.

Oh well, have fun, I just realized I have a vet. appt for one of my kitties that day.

Jay