Michigan man rescued in Franconia Notch, treated for frostbite

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much info. That is an understatement. I heard on the radio or Tv, I forget, that the hikers were on Lafayette. It turns out they were skiing, but where. And what happened...personally, I think we learn from the mistakes of others. That is what makes me want to know more.

Last edited:
The real story

I was talking to a buddy of mine who knows the gentleman from Holderness. He told me they were skiing down Lafayette into the "Lincoln woods". Under white out conditions even the very expierenced back country skier lost his way. He ended up coming out at the Kang. and told authorities that they had used spruce tree branches as shelter for the night. The man from Holderness was the stronger hiker and he told the man from Michigan to follow his tracks out.

Thanks for adding a little more information. As my grandmother used to say, "Not wanting to be nosy, just wondering." I'm still surprised it wasn't more of a story. Sounds like it would have been an interesting one.