Misplaced Maine MTN Guide

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long of a drive are you willing to do? There are some shorter hikes adjacent to the lake, such as Douglas Mountain (parking fee) and Rattlesnake Mountain.

If you have a Delorme Atlas, it shows most of the trails. Pleasant Mtn has a lot of nice options and some potential loops if you dont mind a road walk. I havent been up Burnt Meadow Mountain but it seems to get good ratings for a hike, used to be a bushwhack, but I believe there is a trail. Rattlesnake Mtn is over in the Raymond side of the lake.

No matter where you go hiking, expect a lot of wood ticks, they are usually real thick in that area.

I havent been up Burnt Meadow Mountain but it seems to get good ratings for a hike, used to be a bushwhack, but I believe there is a trail.

Burnt Meadow Mountain indeed has a trail (and may have a loop at some point this summer). Really nice hike.

Mt. Cutler is a bit south of it and offers excellent views from near the true summit.

Bald Pate in Bridgton is also a nice one.

Thanks Rocket21! I'm going to actually be staying in Bridgeton, ME so that is perfect!

Oh wow, if you're going to be staying there, you're very close to Evans Notch, which is one of the nicest parts of the Whites in my opinion.

If you head up Route 5 to Stoneham, I recommend trying Speckled Mountain via the Evergreen Link and Cold Brook Trail (bring bug spray of course!)

A bit hazy, but this is what the upper portion of the hike is like:

speckledmtntrail-2009-0520a.jpg