Motorcycle Week NH

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGF1

Reaction score
Avatar. The Maroon Bells . I live In NH and Near
From June 11 - 19 is the dates the Annual MotorCycle Week in NH . You might want to reserve a room or if possible a campsite now . if you plan to be out then. Thetraffic will be haevy and sometimes mtorcycles are not as easy r to see as a car. If you hAve a lead foot or bad driving havbbits you might want ot keep them incheck as the police of all sorts will be out in full force and then some.
But mostly it will just be busy with lots of traffic RT 3 and 93 in particular

Those who object to motorcycles might prefer to hike away from the Whites. Personally, I get a kick out of people enjoying their thing like I enjoy mine but you'll hear them loud and clear on many summits and ridges.

not just the whites, they head up to the North Country as well (the Blessing of the Motorcycles is at Our Lady of Grace shrine in Colebrook); I was up in Pittsburg a few years back watching a moose happily licking road salt & ignoring all the onlookers for about 20 minutes, until some people on Harleys came by (one of them was a co-worker of mine, no less!) BRRRHHHRRRRAAAAAAAAAAA and spooked it.

arghman said:
not just the whites, they head up to the North Country as well (the Blessing of the Motorcycles is at Our Lady of Grace shrine in Colebrook)

I attended the Blessing of the Bikes about six or seven years ago. It truly was fascinating. If you ever get a chance, go see it. While you're up there, the Percy Peaks is one helluva hike!

MadRiver said:
Outlaw biker babes in leather chaps, need I say more?

Outlaw biker babes in leather chaps meet outlaw hiker dudes in polypropylene. Leave the chains and shivs at home and bring extra tequila! ;)

Check Twice, Save a Life

Remember to check twice before changing lanes, pulling out of a side street, or turning left across traffic. Motorcycles are everywhere, and motorcyclists are some of the nicest people you will ever meet!

Party on!

:)

Ducati 900SS, Turn 10, New Hampshire International Speedway

George is right most of the bikers really are not that bad. and be carefull driving. From a ex rider. Yes this is the event in Laconia . It really is not as bad as the tall tales make it the worst thing that ever happned to me was a bad sunburn on my back and shoulders. Idid look kind of funny i had this old German WW1 helmet with the Spike on for a laugh and a tan on my from with a burn on my shoulders and back while sitting on a Harley .
In case you are wondering some bikes cost more than a car. yikes.

Bike week is cool. I wish I could be there, but there's too much mud and bugs for my taste in June. See you in July on the Bonds.

Steve

Laconia and Mt. Washington Road Race

Also, the annual Mt. Wahsington Road Running Race is the 18th. Coincides nicely with the Bike Event. It makes for a very festive weekend. Can't wait!

Rob

Stan said:
you'll hear them loud and clear on many summits and ridges.

Another good reason to hike with headphones. Actually I was up in the WMNF 2 years ago on biker week. I was hiking some trails on the Kanc and bikes were everywhere but on the trails with the headphones I drowned the Harleys out.

On a side note I just wanted to say that I met many bikers that week (even ran into an old Army buddy) and found them all to be good people. I think a lot of people have misconceptions about bikers. This could be due to some movies or just the way they are viewed (unfairly) by society as modern day outlaws. The bikers I met were good to talk to and they seemed generally impressed with hikers. I'm only an intermediate hiker but they thought pretty highly of what I was doing. All in all a good time. Hikers and bikers and beers.. OH MY! :D

Last edited:
Most true bikers are really nice. From my experiences, I've found that it's the rich kids on their new sport bikes that you need to watch out for. These are generally the ones who will swerve in and out of traffic, pass in between the lanes :eek:, and cause the greatest danger on the roads.

As far as the noise goes, I know that most of us go to the mountains to get away from all the noise and reminders of civilization. Unfortunately, during the two weekends of bike week, it is just something that we have to tolerate (I do wish it was still just a weekend though).

Have fun and please drive/ride safe!

What I object to is the noise from those who choose to modify their bikes to make them louder. If my truck was that loud, I'd be stopped and ticketed.

forestnome said:
What I object to is the noise from those who choose to modify their bikes to make them louder. If my truck was that loud, I'd be stopped and ticketed.
It's funny how Harleys are the ONLY vehical allowed by law? to have NO mufflers,yeah the loud ones are pipes with no baffles.
I have been riding for over 30 years.I allways rode bikes WITH mufflers.It's also annoying to the rider and passenger of the bike with no mufflers,it never made any sence to me to run a bike with out mufflers.It also ruins the motors valves. :eek:

I've never quite understood the super loud bikes. Hey, I like to hear the sound of a nice engine, but I don't want to feel like I put my ear up to the muffler.

Its kind of like the car audio nuts with subwoofers you can hear for blocks around.

just wonderin'. how many ya'll have bikes and what kind? i ride a big ol' riceburner yamaha roadstar 1600 v-deuce. next to hikin', i love bikes most of all! the bigger the better!!

forestnome said:
That is a good question I do know that it is illegall to modify a car or truck to make it louder. I guess you have to ask the powers that be under the gold dome in Conord . Then again you might get " I do not know why" I sure do not know And I used to ride .

Last edited:
Well Bruno, since you asked, my current bike is a '92 Ducati 900SS which you can see in my avatar. I like ALL bikes, but I must say I am partial to the particular sounds that a Ducati makes. I don't race, but I love to ride on the racetrack and I often serve as an instructor when BCM MotorSports of Laconia holds their "Track Days".

:)