Mount Greylock Road to be closed in 2007

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an interesting aside, you can ALMOST count the number of roads that go over the border from MA to NY with both hands (its 13 I think, mostly main roads heading through mountain passes)

Sounds like a typical Massachusetts road project to me. Taking far longer than it really needs to and costing way too much. Go figure. You'd tihnk some people would put in incentives to get things done at a faster rate.

bintrepidhiker said:
Sounds like a typical Massachusetts road project to me. Taking far longer than it really needs to and costing way too much. Go figure. You'd tihnk some people would put in incentives to get things done at a faster rate.
Union+taking your time = more money and job security

Anyone confirm this? Someone in my office was up there hiking last week & said there were cars on ths summit. I told him I thought the road was closed but he said there was traffic.

I know it's a very popular desitination for cars and motorcycles on Memorial Day weekend; maybe they decided to hold off on the road closure till after that?