Mountain Madness

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dug

Reaction score
Just reading how they have found the body of one of the two missing climbers in China. The other may be near by. One of the climbers, Christine Boskoff, is reportedly the owner of Mountain Madness, a Seattle-based expedition guiding firm. It was a private climb and not part of any expeditions, from what I can tell.

This is the same Mountain Madness that Scott Fischer owned when he perished during the 1996 Everest expeditions. Sounds like Christine bought the business after his death.

Scary.

Do you have the link to the article you read? I've sort of been following this story on and off.

Christine Boskoff was an extremely qualified climber, I believe she had done at least 6 8k meter peaks. I've used MM on several trips to the Cascades, and was able to talk to her on one trip about her big mountain experiences. She was engaged in a very dangerous occupation for sure.

I just read the timeline on the blog that 7summits provided the link to and I have one question. Isn't it odd/unusual that no one had any idea where they were or what their agenda was? They weren't missed until they were a week late arriving back in the US and the searchers had to start a month back in an attempt to trace their where abouts.

This one took my breath away for a while. My friend spoke highly of Christine having done a WFR recert or some such course with her. Sounded like a wonderfully driven, graceful woman. What a shame.

Todd Skinner and now Charlier Fowler.... thats too much for this year or any year...

These are two climbers worth reading up on... to recognize their accomplishments and respect their passages this past year

with this and mount hood I hope that people are taking a harder look out there.