Mt. Chocorua, and a watershed moment in our quest for the 52

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffalo

Reaction score
On the day before Sandy, with a strong, cold wind whipping up the valley, Janelle and I reached a watershed moment on our hike up Middle Sister and Chocorua, and faced down a new sort of obstacle. To commemorate the hike, I thought I'd share a special extended excerpt. What a day! Hope you enjoy.

Chocorua vignette
Middle Sister and Chocorua pics

0_0_912e452c9c3d372e916b8f6d7278fb46_1

Hi Jake, thanks. If Janelle had her way, she'd only hike with Alex and Sage. The three of them get along like they've been friends for years. She has tried some indoor wall climbing, but surprisingly does not like it much. But yes, she's fascinated with outdoor rock climbing, but I;m not quite sure if she's ready to take that leap yet! Maybe next spring we'll take a class and see how she likes it.
And please go hike Chocorua. It was my first time up there as well, and wow, I understand why it's so popular now. You're not going to get much solitude I think, but it's worth every step!
Dan

Chiming in to say we had near-solitude on Chocorua on a late season weekday. :) Saw like 4-5 other folks all day long total.

Kudos to Janelle for letting the annoying dude's words just roll right off. As if that guy had the power to "ruin" a hike. People like tht are among the most powerless.