Mt Washington, November 10, 2007

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mats Roing said:
Considering what was going on the previous night I'm not surprised we actually did 4,700 to get up to big W :D

The dog probably did 8,000 ...

Push ups

But, did you do push ups on the summit? Matts, the Celtics' Paul Pierce must read your threads on VFTT!

"The game was tied at 38 when Tinsley fouled Pierce. Pierce quickly turned toward Tinsley, but kept his cool. Suddenly awakened, Pierce even did push-ups between free throws to taunt Tinsley and the crowd. 'I was just trying to blow off some steam, get my head back,' he said. 'That's all.'"

Dr. Dasypodidae said:
But, did you do push ups on the summit? Matts, the Celtics' Paul Pierce must read your threads on VFTT!

"The game was tied at 38 when Tinsley fouled Pierce. Pierce quickly turned toward Tinsley, but kept his cool. Suddenly awakened, Pierce even did push-ups between free throws to taunt Tinsley and the crowd. 'I was just trying to blow off some steam, get my head back,' he said. 'That's all.'"

Yes, I did pushups on the summit.......there were actually a couple of Paul Pierce -looking type of guys heading up Lion's Head trail to Washington. They might have seen me since I was behind one and ahead of the other......was first doing 12 of them pushups......then this Quebec dude Paul came up and pulled off 20 so I had to kick in 8 more before we shared some trailmix by the shelter of the house a little below the true summit. We did another 20 each when they caught up with us at the Tuck Ravine Tr./Summer Lion Trail intersection on the way down.

I use to use Babel to convert to kml files, then read into google earth. However, found a more direct method. If you're using Garmin's topo mapsource, under view select view in google earth. Google earth launches; shows the tracks, waypoints and routes. I'm using topo 2008, not sure if earlier version have this option.

DaveSunRa said:
I use to use Babel to convert to kml files, then read into google earth. However, found a more direct method. If you're using Garmin's topo mapsource, under view select view in google earth. Google earth launches; shows the tracks, waypoints and routes. I'm using topo 2008, not sure if earlier version have this option.
It probably depends on the version of Mapsource (distinct from the version of the map data). Updates are available from http://www8.garmin.com/support/mappingsw.jsp.

Doug

DougPaul said:
It probably depends on the version of Mapsource
Garmin promised Mac support back in 2006 and I'm still waiting. @#$%$!!!

Google Earth will also do a flyover of your gps track.

uh oh..they're speaking that other language.... time to switch threads.

una-dogger --way to go !

No Haystack yet ?

Why not Feb 9th ?