Mt. Waumbek via Starr King Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NH Tramper

Reaction score
Date of Hike: Jul 1, 2012

Trail Conditions: Dry and summer-normal except for the first third which was muddier than I thought it should have been since it's been dry. All easy to avoid for the most part.

Special Equipment Required: None.

Comments: I usually get right on these reports while the info is fresh in my mind (on multi-day or complex hikes I will often dictate notes on the way with my iPhone), but this one was simple and straight-forward so I procrastinated a bit.

This was my second attempt. A few weeks back I hiked Waumbek as a hit-and-run after Cabot, problem is I didn't summit. I made it as far as Starr King's summit and, like a dummy, I turned around and hiked back. I didn't realize it until a few days later than I hadn't made my intended hike. I should have known. When I did reach Starr King I thought at the time that it was too short a hike for an alleged 3.6 miles. I should have trusted my gut and checked the map. It was a rainy, windy day so I just didn't. Silly me.

Ten minutes into my hike I ran into Sue and Earl (just can't get away from those two, lol). The company was nice for the hike. We chatted it up and that helped pass the time.

Mike "Tramper" Cherim
Nottingham NH

Last edited: