New York City winter festival

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx for info Pete, I might be camping with the scouts in Staten Island (Pouch?) if I don't go with them maybe i'll hit the city..... will let u know

Thanks

for the heads up on this event. I have not gone out this winter so here is my chance :)

If I can go I will let you know.

I'll likely be stopping by after a visit to MOMA, but with the temps in the city as of late I give it 50-50 that the best the snowmaking machines will manage is slush. Regardless, pass on the info if I see your friend I'll pass it on in turn.

I assume your friend will stand out from the crowd, like carrying an axe or some such thing...?

Since it was 64degrees here yesterday, seems only fitting that the winter festival was cancelled.

Pyramid Mountain Cty Park next to me was supposed to have a snowshoe festival on Jan 29th. Needless to say, I think that was cancelled. You might as well truck in tons of sand and snowshoe on that!

Jay

Yesterday I was walking around NYC in shorts and a t-shirt. The warmth isn't healthy......it's been too warm and alternating between very dry or very wet. I think it's encouraging all kinds of weird viruses among the urban population. I know when it goes back down to freezing my body's going to scream at having to get used to winter all over again. :eek:

Van Cortland, Fahnestock, Harriman, Sterling Forest.... It's all non-existant at this point!

Jay