Next Montreal Beer Night!?!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prino

Reaction score
I think we are overdue for another beer night in the Montreal area,especially as I and one or two others missed the last one. How about we have a vote as to where we go. I guess it should be somewhere central to cater for the out of towners. Here is a site with a few pubs to choose from ....
Pubs

I would like to suggest next week.... how about Thursday (15th)

Last edited:
Phil, I'm going to be out of town from the the 15th to the 18th due to an annual winter cabin engagement. I missed the last beer night and my birthday is on the 18th so what about wednesday the 21st or monday the 19th?

What does my birthday have to do with it, you ask? Why, nothing at all. I just thought I'd mention it to get sympathy and attention.

One of these days I'm going to make it up to one of those Montreal beer nights. :) I've attended them in both NYC and Boston, so I think Montreal might be nice a place to go to one as well..... maybe this spring ;) :D

Hi All!
I missed both last pub nights...and I'll be moving to Quebec City on March 31st. Anything before that date and I should be able to make it (weekends excluded, of course!).

I'm in the West Island...if most people are in the area, we could go on McGibbons (sp?) on St-Jean near the 40. If we meet downtown, I always have a soft spot for Brutopia!

Cheers,

Fish

Neil said:
Phil, I'm going to be out of town from the the 15th to the 18th due to an annual winter cabin engagement. I missed the last beer night and my birthday is on the 18th so what about wednesday the 21st or monday the 19th?

What does my birthday have to do with it, you ask? Why, nothing at all. I just thought I'd mention it to get sympathy and attention.

Monday the 19th sounds good with me. We could celebrate your b'day and St Paddies day too! It's close enough. I'd vote for Brutopia again.

"
Hikingfish said:
we could go on McGibbons (sp?) on St-Jean near the 40. If we meet downtown, I always have a soft spot for Brutopia.

Either of those two would suit me too!

Any more out there interested?

P.S. We'd love to see you in Montreal Freddy! Would a weekday be possible for you?

Last edited:
prino said:
P.S. We'd love to see you in Montreal Freddy! Would a weekday be possible for you?

Probably... I'm thinking I might go up this spring, maybe late April/May. Thanks, Fred

BTTT!

So is everyone happy with Monday March 19th at Brutopia?
Please wear green in honour of St Patrick and Neil's love of the Forest! :D

Freddy... let us know the date and we'll have another P*** Up just for you!

Let's drink !!

prino said:
BTTT!

So is everyone happy with Monday March 19th at Brutopia?
Please wear green in honour of St Patrick and Neil's love of the Forest! :D

Freddy... let us know the date and we'll have another P*** Up just for you!

I am in , and Monday March 19th is perfect. And Brutopia is always a very good choice. I am not sure about the green clothes though :rolleyes:

Meo : are we celebrating something :confused:

Jean and Nat : I miss you guys, so be there :D

So, last time was a big one... Is it possible to make this one even more successful ??

timmus said:
I am in , and Monday March 19th is perfect. And Brutopia is always a very good choice. I am not sure about the green clothes though :rolleyes:

So, last time was a big one... Is it possible to make this one even more successful ??

OK, we'll make (Green) clothes optional! :eek:

There, that should attract a few more! It'll be the biggest Montreal gathering yet!
For anyone not sure of the location here is a map... compass shouldn't be neccesary. :rolleyes:

prino said:
For anyone not sure of the location here is a map... compass shouldn't be neccesary. :rolleyes:

But here is the coordinates N45 29.813, W73 34.496 of Brutopia.
Just in case you cannot find the place or you can give your location if you cannot find your way home.

timmus said:

Meo : are we celebrating something :confused:

Jean and Nat : I miss you guys, so be there :D

Nat and I will be there.

and yes, Meo will be celebrating something.
;)

I will be there celebrating:
  • My 29th birthday
  • St. Paddy's day
  • 4 days of whackin near Mt. Laurier
  • surviving Haystack, Basin, Saddleback
Do they serve green beer? Maybe I'll wear a green thong. :eek:

Neil said:
I will be there celebrating:
  • My 29th birthday
    Do they serve green beer? Maybe I'll wear a green thong. :eek:

• Yeh right and I just turned 31!

I don't know about green beer but they have a nice raspberry one that is reddish!

I you wear the thong :eek: I'll buy you a pint!! I must remember to bring a blindfold though.

I'll (we'll?) be able to go this time. :cool:

I could order 115 white beers to celebrate, but I'd be broke for several weeks... ;)

Meo said:
I'll (we'll?) be able to go this time. :cool:

I could order 115 white beers to celebrate, but I'd be broke for several weeks... ;)

Congrats Meo on your W115 !! I can't pay for 115 beers, but I might have a little gift for you. Is Julie going ?

That is definitely something to celebrate. Although Neil's 19th birthday is also something very special. I will be celebrating something as well, but I am not sure if I should mention it here...

See ya all soon, I'll be there around 6:00pm.

Beeerrrrr!!

Hi hikers and hikers friends, :)

Congra Meo I think You are the first Quebekers in this list!!!! ;)

Yes I am ready to take one or two beers with old and news friends.

I need to put up my glass at the Neil ice axe rescue :rolleyes:

I will be there......YE!

Pinpin Junior :cool:

I will be there and hope to celebrate my finish W48 on the 18th
of March.

Welcome

I hereby, and on behalf of the Montreal contingent of NorthEast hikers, invite all of our colleagues from south of the border to the beer night. I will be away on the preceding weekend but can put 2 people up at my house on Monday night. Come and have some fun in Montreal! It looks like there will lots to celebrate.

Prino, maybe you should reserve the "naked room" again at Brutopia.

Neil said:
I hereby, and on behalf of the Montreal contingent of NorthEast hikers, invite all of our colleagues from south of the border to the beer night. I will be away on the preceding weekend but can put 2 people up at my house on Monday night. Come and have some fun in Montreal! It looks like there will lots to celebrate.

Wow! What a nice gesture! I have so long wanted to visit Montreal too...don't really drink beer though but would be nice to visit and attend! :)