NH 4,000 Footers - Complete at last - after ~ 20 years!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TC3

Reaction score
Well - I have NO explanation for why I did not post this right after we did it, but back on September 11th and 12th, my wife Rachel and I completed the 48 by peaking North Twin, and then Carragain. We're able to get to the Whites between 0 and 2 times a year, and so it has taken us over 20 years to complete the list. But now we can say "we did it"! And what a good feeling it is. :)

https://goo.gl/photos/iCpEDbybQ9VneY99A - photos from September 11th - North Twin

https://goo.gl/photos/NX9mSEL8WuiSVNWf7 - photos from September 12th - Carraigain

I think we just might attend the "The AMC Four Thousand Footer Club 2016 Annual Meeting, Awards, and Dinner" if time allows. Sounds like a fun event.

Ted

Congratulations. Mine will be over 20 years as well. I did many of them early/mid 90's then moved to Connecticut and didn't hike again (not sure why but I'm sure money had something to do with it) from 1996 till 2012. Congrats again. I'll be getting mine this year. :)
11 to go

Thank you Rhody and Sematary - appreciate it !

Sematary - which 11 do you have left ??

The person I used to hike with started his 4k list when he was 16 and finished it in his fifties.

Always nice to see someone who took their time.

Definitely consider doing the New England list, the maine and Vermont peaks definitely have a different feel. The main peaks are fairly mostly clustered together so they make for a nice long weekend.

Thank you Rhody and Sematary - appreciate it !

Sematary - which 11 do you have left ??

Carrigain (going next weekend to take that one off the list)
West Bond
South Carter (hoping to do that next month along with the Wildcats)
Wildcat
Wildcat D
South Kinsman
Cabot
Cannon
Moriah
Owl's Head
Isolation

Then I can turn my attention to Vermont and Maine. :) and, of course, 4000 footers that aren't on the AMC list for one reason or another.

Congrats on getting it done! Hopefully I will get up to NH soon enough to get mine finished.