NH Deer Hunting Season has started

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobandgeri

Reaction score
Just a reminder that Deer Hunting has started in NH.

Muzzleloader: Oct. 30 - Nov. 9, 2010
Firearms: Nov. 10 - Dec. 5, 2010

Be sure to wear orange if not hiking on a well known trail.

Actually "it" started with bear season on Sept. 1. ;) And some will also be surprised perhaps to hear that the NH moose season has come and gone (Oct. 16-24) and that youth deer hunting has come and gone (Oct. 23-24). I point these out because I frequently encounter people in the woods who have no idea of the hunting seasons that are open while they're out.

Best idea is to consult the various states' season lists at the beginning of September annually:

Massachusetts

Maine

New Hampshire

Vermont

I frequently encounter people in the woods who have no idea of the hunting seasons that are open while they're out.
Note that coyote season is year-round in NH, although most of the year you can't hunt them at night:

Species Season dates Daily Bag Limit WMUs
Coyote, Woodchuck Open all year No limit Statewide
Coyote night hunting (Written landowner permission required) Jan.1 - Mar. 31, 2011 No limit Statewide
http://www.wildnh.com/Hunting/Hunt_species/hunt_small_game.htm

Actually "it" started with bear season on Sept. 1. ;) And some will also be surprised perhaps to hear that the NH moose season has come and gone (Oct. 16-24) and that youth deer hunting has come and gone (Oct. 23-24). I point these out because I frequently encounter people in the woods who have no idea of the hunting seasons that are open while they're out.

Best idea is to consult the various states' season lists at the beginning of September annually:

Massachusetts

Maine

New Hampshire

Vermont

Heh heh, true (though as Roy pointed out there is always a hunting season of some sort going if you count coyote). However, to be "technical" this thread is titled about the New Hampshire deer season. :p (sorry, gotta have a little fun here :D)

Brian

hunting season for people who don't wear snowshoes in the ADKs opens dec 1st.

Hunting seasons

Also don't forget crow season, those predators of many songbirds..I've seen them raid some nests of smaller birds...3-16-11 to 3-31-11 but you can hunt them til nov 30 of this year...it is a real trip to have an electronic call to bring them in...

The local mt bike club here in Augusta, GA has been pushing rider safety on the trails (we maintain 150+ miles of single track) since September and will end January. Have had signs at the big trail heads about wearing orange. Two trails closed down for the first two weeks of deer rifle season as part of a hunter/other trail users agreement.

Unlike New England deer rifle season goes from October through January. Besides the first week or so (hence closing 2 trails) their are very few hunters out. Also many lease "hunting rights" from larger land owners.