NH Outdoors Quiz Grouseking Style

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) I've never been there, but it looks in the area of Passaconaway? From Whiteface, Mt Paugus is directly in front of Chocorua iirc.

1) I've never been there, but it looks in the area of Passaconaway? From Whiteface, Mt Paugus is directly in front of Chocorua iirc.

Nope, Chocorua would be much closer in the view if it was from Passaconaway, or whiteface, like in the pic below.

876018197_7ggmx-L.jpg

OK, I gave others a chance....

#1 is from Mt. Willey, a step or two off the Willey Range trail near the summit. The ridge coming in from the right is the shoulder of Mt. Bemis.

#3, I'll throw out a complete guess that it is Boston Lot Lake. You living in Lebanon and all, Grouse.....

#5 is from Eastman Ledges on the Kodak trail. The roof and field in the lower part of the pic tipped me off, having hiked through there last fall.

Last edited:
OK, I gave others a chance....

#1 is from Mt. Willey, a step or two off the Willey Range trail near the summit. The ridge coming in from the right is the shoulder of Mt. Bemis.

#3, I'll throw out a complete guess that it is Boston Lot Lake. You living in Lebanon and all, Grouse.....

#5 is from Eastman Ledges on the Kodak trail. The roof and field in the lower part of the pic tipped me off, having hiked through there last fall.

Bingo on numbers 1 and 5! Number 3 isnt Boston Lot lake, but you are correct, the body of water is in my area. ;)

We're almost there with these!

I was going to guess Shoal Pond a few days ago but the background didn't look right. Let me try it today......Shoal Pond ?

I was going to guess Shoal Pond a few days ago but the background didn't look right. Let me try it today......Shoal Pond ?

Correct!! My friend and I made a short bushwhack to the other side where there is a lonely little campsite, and hung out for awhile. He did a little fishing before the black flies destroyed us.

Ok, just numbers 3 and 11. Number 3 is in Enfield NH, and 11 is along one of the trails in the Presidentials.