Northhampton Beer night?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toe Cozy

Reaction score
Springfield, Springfield!. Avatar: Spruce Peak Kim
So I was going to hijack Wu's thread about moving to Amherst/Noho, but then decided I'd just start a new thread.

It sounds like there are a number of folks in the general noho area. I live/work in southern Vermont. Any opinions on having a Noho Beer Night sometime? Boston does their thing, NH does theirs..those of us in Southern VT, Western Mass, southwest NH could practice our beer drinking too.

Just an idea. Any thoughts?

Toe Cozy said:
So I was going to hijack Wu's thread about moving to Amherst/Noho, but then decided I'd just start a new thread.
Wait till I get there!!! August 1!!! I can't wait to meet everyone from that area!!!!

-Dr. Wu

That is in the neighborhood for me TC! Maybe we can ride down together.

I forgot about this post

Hi everyone...I sorta forgot about posting this. A friend of mine just finished building/opening a new bar on Main St. in NoHo. It's called The Dirty Truth and it has 40 taps of amazing beer. That would be my pick but anything else would be cool too. I'd like to meet other VFTT folks out this direction. So why don't we wait until after Aug. 1st when Dr. Wu is in the house (so to speak) and make plans then. Sounds like fun to me!

Jen

If your form of lobbying involves promises of beer purchases for those of us who want a different evening, I think you can certainly lobby for Wed.! hahaha...just kidding. We know lobbyists don't offer bribes and those being bribed would never accept them besides!!! :eek:

Anyway, a Wed. is fine with me. Probably around a 6ish time frame or something like that. We can pick a more firm date as others chime in.

Jen

dr_wu002 said:
Wait till I get there!!! August 1!!! I can't wait to meet everyone from that area!!!!

-Dr. Wu

Better keep a close eye on this one, after the last Boston outing that is.... :D

sleeping bear said:
Better keep a close eye on this one, after the last Boston outing that is.... :D
I could still walk and probably spell my name. Was there a problem??

-Dr. Wu

Toe Cozy said:
If your form of lobbying involves promises of beer purchases for those of us who want a different evening, I think you can certainly lobby for Wed.! hahaha...just kidding. We know lobbyists don't offer bribes and those being bribed would never accept them besides!!!

Jen

Sure, easy enough to make a promise... what politician/lobbyist ever actually follows through with promises :D

(apologies to moderator, ending political slant)

Is Wednesday night still good? I'm assuming tomorrow is too short notice for most people, right? I'll be away in Colorado next week so maybe we could do it Sept. 6th (Wed.) or Sept. 13th?

I'm only familiar with the Dirty Truth and the place right next door (fitzwilliams?)

Chime in!

Hell Yeah!

I'm available! Any day. Love to meet you all. Wed at Dirty Truth? Who else can make it?

-Dr. Wu

Yummm blueberries... I have a blueberry-wheat ale bottled a few weeks ago that is now ready to drink... who needs a brew pub?! The ale doesn't work so well in muffins, though. :eek:

Unfortunately, we've agreed on Noho (Northampton MA for you non-valley initiates) as a meeting place, which is a ways away from my personal beer cellar.

I'm in for 9/13.

I found that the Dirty Truth is located at 29 Main Street. A google map is here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29+Main+Street,Northampton,MA+01060&output=html

Please, chime in with landmarks if you know Northampton. I can get there, but I don't know it well enough to give directions to others.

How 'bout a time?

Y'know... this isn't too far from Mt Tom or the Norwottuck Horse Caves - do I hear a second for adding in a quick hike before or after?

As for landmarks: The Dirty Truth has no offical sign. It is on the same side of the street as Vera Cruzana and right across the street from Tokyo Taipai (sp?) It has big plate glass windows and usually a coaster with the opening time written on it hanging by the door. Hope to meet some new folks!