Of shrinks and peakbaggers

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joy of learning and meeting !

If it were not for my quest to climb all of NE100 H mountains, I never would have :
-enjoyed an organic coffee in funky Jamaica (VT)
-learned about hunting dogs equiped with an electronic collar on East Kennebago (ME);
-enjoyed the peaceful setting of Dorset Hollow (VT)
-discovered rustic Andover in ME
-had the greatest father-and-son trip in Baxter state Park, where I learned that my 16 year old was not a boy anymore but a strong man.
-known what impression a really big belt buckle makes on loud campers.
That is part of what peakbagging is to me.

Thanks to all of you. The article is now written, your answers were all very helpful. I had to cut my text, it was too long, so I didn't quote everything I intended to, but I still kept some parts.

I'm leaving tomorrow for Colorado, I'll be back in a month:) I'll let you know when the article will be online. And yes Bigmoose, if I find some free time, I'll translate some parts;)

Have a nice summer and gorgeous hikes everybody!

Dr. Sam Hagner was a psychiatrist and one of the first to complete the New England 3000, but he also did easier hikes such as Belknap Range traverse. I seem to recall one story where he explained to some peakbagger the difference between an obsession and a compulsion.