PCT in 191 days (5300 miles) Mex to Canada & back

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtn.goat

Reaction score
Saw this in another forum and figured people on this forum would be interested.

Scott Williamson has just hiked
the Pacific Crest Trail (5300 miles) from the Mexican border to Canada and back in 191 days to beat his own record of 205 days.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20061128/news_1n28trail.html

If you do the math it works out to roughly 28mi and 1,600' of vertical every day for over 6 months! :eek:

Wow! That is incredible... When we hiked the AT in 05, doing just one or two 20+ mile day would tire me out, even after we'd been hiking for months! I can't imagine trying to string together that many big days... I have to agree with the article... I can't imagine anyone else will be doing 2 yo-yos on the PCT. What a crazy accomplishment! :D

That's truly amazing. Have hiked some sections of the PCT in the southern Sierra, and the basic logistics of finding water, staging food drops, remoteness, distance to roads, etc - are difficult. I wonder what his support team looked like.

And don't forget Squeeky's adventure in 2005: the PCT, CDT, and AT in one calendar year, taking ~2 months off Flyin' Brian's record!

:)

That's the guy. But what was his time for the PCT? Do you remember?

And didn't some other guy yo-yo the PCT in one calendar year? He must have been quicker than 191 days for at least one of those trips.

Last edited:
PCT record set in 2005

The current official (unofficial) record is 66 days, 7 hours 16 minutes one way by the Great Dave Horton, who once held the AT record
I believe he was 56 years young at the time