Peak Above the Nubble notebook

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmgate

Reaction score
If anyone is heading up to the Peak Above the Nubble, the notebook is full. Another writing implement might be useful, too.

Also, I saw firsthand the damage the herdpath is creating in one of the steep sections that ascends the false peak. As my bushwhack brought me parallel south along the ledges, I crossed the main herdpath. I looked up and noticed the herdpath had eroded a serious amount of topsoil from the rockface, leaving what was once a 10' root totally dangling and exposed on all sides. Advice discouraging the use of the herdpath up to the false peak should be heeded.

I know two people who went up PAtN not too long ago and when they too crossed the herd path up high they noticed it had been flagged...I mean FLAGGED. Like two pieces in anywheres from 3 to 10 feet...for the entire length! They took the herd path on the way down just to pull down all the flagging (of which the pictures of the flagging pile they had when done was downright disgusting) so hopefully no one else would be tempted into following it.

Honestly I expect to see more of this kind of thing to come on NEHH peaks as that particular list becomes more popular. The funny thing is the PAtN is pretty much an easy whack, so it blows my mind why anyone would need to have a frickin "yellow brick road" made for them. Call me an elitist if you like, but if you can't do a simple bushwhack like PAtN without a herd path then maybe you should not be persuing the NEHH (or NHHH for that matter as well.)

Brian

It has been mentioned before on this site that there was alot of flagging used by SAR during the litter carry from PaTN a couple years back. (RIP Ray)

I think I have seen the area you are describing -- if its the same one, its been looking pretty ragged for some time now -- and I believe its just below (or very close to) The Memorial Site.

You may be an elitest, but I love your avatar ;)

The damage in that area (as well as the flagging) is from a litter carry during a tropical storm.

So what happens to all of the notebooks in all of these cnaisters on all of these peaks? Is there an archive somewhere? are they scanned onto microfiche? If someone replaces an old notebook with a new one can that person keep the old notebook?

BTW everyone loves Brian avatar...I often wonder why he doesn't have the NH state flag also.

So what happens to all of the notebooks in all of these cnaisters on all of these peaks? Is there an archive somewhere? are they scanned onto microfiche? If someone replaces an old notebook with a new one can that person keep the old notebook?
At one time the FTFC kept the NEHH notebooks, don't know if they still do but you should ask before keeping it.

One hiker I know photographs all notebooks he sees, full or not. Given the number of registers that meet untimely ends, that is probably the best solution for historians.