Peak views question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterM

Reaction score
Friday up on the summit of Monadnock we had a spectacular view - Pack Monadnock, Wachusett, Quabbin, the Berkshires, the Whites and the Boston skyline. But I was trying to get a view of Sunappee, Kearsarge, Cardigan and couldn't place them. A few years ago I had found a website that gave a "view" from any high summit in New England. Print it out, go to the summit, and with compass you had a 360 degree map of your surrounding view.

It could be used by hikers, surveyors & pilots

Anyone - help link me again to that site? Thanks

Something like this?
http://www.nhmountainhiking.com/hike/lists/panoramas/sister_panorama.html

I've seen the book, it looks really great for IDing the peaks.

Out west in Rocky, I ran across a device at the top of bluff on Trailridge RD. You could look through it and the name of the peak was below. Neat!!

DaveG.

I'd be interested in a site like that, I have only been able to ID the obvious ones

No website rival's Scudder's Viewing Guide. His 2nd Ed. gives you a complete 360, with no bump omitted, from 54 fine summits. Order direct from his High Top Press and Brent will autograph your copy.

I have a copy of what you are looking for, the 360 deg view from Monadnock summit. Includes all the peaks and bumps. I believe Chamberline compiled all the information many years ago. If you don't have any luck finding one online drop me a PM and I will get someone to scan it and I will email you a copy.