Pete Hickey

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mushroomman

Reaction score
I know that this is off topic, but i checked with the moderator and he said to go ahead.
Pete Hickey who is a 46R trailmaster, was injured in a fall. I think it would be a good thing for us to wish him a very speedy recovery from his injuries. Pete is an important part of the N.E. hiking community, and works hard to "give back to the mountains" at every opportunity.
Thanks Pete and get well soon.!!
Steveo

As somebody who has enjoyed his posts here at VFTT. My sincerest best wishes for a speedy recovery and rest well.

:D

Jay

Wow Pete, a Fall in Winter...Ouch! Hope you bounce back quickly.

Get well soon!

Pete, I said this privately and I'll say it again, i hope you have a speedy recovery. I think the trails will get lonely without you tramping around on them.

How injured? Man, I hope this isn't too serious.

Pete, get well!!

Pete,

I wish you a speedy recovery. The mountains can use more men like you; men who aren't afraid to post pictures of their own flea bitten faces, men who are devoted to science and conduct experiments on themselves by living an entire winter with half a beard, men who aren't afraid to be told that they have ugly feet. I could go on I suspect, but these are the only stories I know.

John

Hi Pete -
Hope you get back quick and as painfree as possible - If possible, can you or your son give us an update. I hadn't seen any posts in a while and now it makes sense.

Think about this - You really wouldn't want me to don a pink jersey, some bike tights and bike the northway now would you???

Good Luck
Rick

Pete,

Get Well Soon! We need your wisdom, humor, incredible stories, and your top notch avatars back on VFTT. You are one of the pillars of this community.

BTW, I have the Magilla Gorilla theme song on MP3 format if you want me to send it to you... :D

Off topic?
I don't think so.
Heal up quick Pete.
We all know that you can wipe out on an easy hike just as easily as you can wipe out on a tough one.
Looking forward to hearing the gory details.

get well soon!

I hope you didn't fall off your bike??!!

What happened to you? When do we get the details?
Will you be back with us soon?

I'll pray for your speedy recovery. Take care and know that we are all pulling for you!!

Yours truly,

What they said............

Hope your on the mend and feeling better soon. I hadn't heard.

How injured, anyone know?

Like Hospital injured, or just need to spend a few weeks lying low in bed injured. I certainly only hope it the latter.

Pete, hope you are feeling better

FYI Pete gave a brief account in the Hiking Solo thread in the Q&A forum. Pete, I hope you weren't too far from the trailhead. If there is anyone who can break a few bones, take a concussion, and keep on hiking, that would be you. It was probably a good thing the accident didn't happen while you were biking. With traffic and icy roads winter biking can easily be more dangerous.

There was some real scary footage on TV tonight of a pedestrian who had just crossed a snow covered street. A snow plow comes barreling by. The pedestrian is knocked down by the spray of snow and slush. A second plow comes barreling by, doesn't see the pedestrian lying at the edge of the street and narrowly misses him. The man was amazingly uninjured. Sometimes the wilderness can be a safer place than civilization.

THANKS!

Wow! Thanks everyone. I'm not really that bad. It's all injuries that heal, so it isn't much.

The stitches are out now, the black eye is almost gone, neurologist says everything looks good...Actually, I think he said, "We looked at the scans of your head, and ther's nothing there."

As to what happened... I don't really want to give too many details for two reasons:

1) I'm tired of hearing, "you should have", you shouldn't have, why didn't you...

2) I don't remember. There is a blank in my memory. I'm going back again to see if I can figure out exactly what happened... at least enough to answer point 1 above.

All that I'll say is that I fell a fair distance and hit the ground hard.

And Frodo.... I had that damn magilla Gorilla song in my head for days and it drove it drove me crazy. If you make it come back.... in my current condition... THAT would really leave me in bad shape!

Thanks again everyone for the wishes!