Pete Hickey

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Pete....

Hope you're doing better.
Head, injury huh???

I don't remember. There is a blank in my memory

It will all come back in time, or it's not worth remembering,
(body defense system in action)...it will probably be harder getting Magilla Gorrilla out of your mind!!!!

Hope you are back in action soon.

PS: Take it from someone who knows, you now have an excuse when you forget a birthday, anniversary or Valentine's Day!!!!!!
:D

Last edited:
I wish you a complete and speedy recovery Pete. . I'm sure you will.
The trails and hiking community need people like you.

I must say, my curiosity about where
your fall happened, is running wild.

You didn't fall off your roof knocking down icicles did you?:D

Best wishes Pete-
At least you didn't fall in the bathtub like a klutz I know...

Re: Pete, hope you are feeling better

Mark Schaefer said:
If there is anyone who can break a few bones, take a concussion, and keep on hiking, that would be you.

Well, I did give up on my summit attempt. :)

No, I think that is a human thing. That's why the body produces adrenelin. When one find oneself alone and injured, one just reacts. What are the alternatives? I say this, because when I finally made it to someone who could take care of me, I pretty much fell apart.

Yep. Humans are interesting critters.... whoever made us did a good job.

Hi Pete, I hope you heal up fast and get well soon. Maybe you could use your convalesence to catch up on some reading - outdoor subjects of course! Take care, Fred

Pete,
Glad to hear you are mending.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Rob

Re: THANKS!

Pete_Hickey said:

The stitches are out now, the black eye is almost gone, neurologist says everything looks good...

Gee, Pete, sounds uncomfortable. How's the other guy look? :D

Heal quickly.

Pete's fall

Pete,

Very sorry to here about your fall. Very happy to here that your healing up fairly well.

I hope when your facial bones heal, you won't look like Michael Jackson. :p

Mike G.

Well, here's an incident I won't tell my wife about until after I finish my first solo hike.

I'm sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad that you're recovering, Pete. God created us in His image, so we're well put-together. Resilient little creatures...

Will you need rehab? If so, we'll have to exchange stories of torture. Nearly 5 months of therapy for my back is enough.

Pete_Hickey said:
The stitches are out now, the black eye is almost gone, neurologist says everything looks good.
Sounds like the making of a good avatar to me!:D

Yeah, the human body is pretty amazing. I did something really nasty to my index finger a few years ago (I won't describe it, I don't want to ruin everyone's supper. Suffice it to say it involved a power tool.). Anyway, I felt no pain until my wife got me to the hospital 30 minutes later.

Get well Pete and hope to meet you on the trail.

Last edited:
Get better soon. You still need to show me how to build an igloo. I'll see you at the ADK 46er Spring meeting, if not sooner.

Glad to hear your recovery is on track and you're taking it in stride. Does this mean you'll make Tony's Accident Report?
Hope to see you at the 7th Annual Gathering of Winter Adirondack Climbers if not sooner on the trails.

Pvon

I wish you all the best, Pete.

And to h@ll with the shoulda, coulda, woulda brigade. If you finally do remember the incident and learn from it yourself, that's what's important. Or maybe it's just one of those bits of bad things happening all at once that you can't plan or defend against. Either way, I'm glad you're home safely and mending.

"Will you need rehab?" Jbrown

Nothing. Kind of amazing that nothing else broke. Maybe I just landed on my head, and that took all the force. My back is fine..... no, I did land on my tail-bone too (broken as well).. still no problem with anything else. Just face bones. Doc told me for rehabilitation that I should just smile a lot.

"Does this mean you'll make Tony's Accident Report?" Pvon

No way. I thought of going to Tony's to ask for help when I got out. He was the nearest person I knew. However thoughts of his report sent me elsewhere. :)

"Sounds like the making of a good avatar to me" Turnbill

I have a few pictures. They aren't pretty. I don't think it would be in good taste to use it.