Pierce-Jackson Loop conditions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onrhodes

Reaction score
Thinking of doing the Pierce-Jackson loop on Saturday. Anyone got an update as to the conditions? How is the steep section headed down to Mizpah? What kind of foot traction would you recommend?

-Pete

Pete, me and Paradox are doing something up there on Saturday, maybe Pierce/Eisenhower for Puck's Audubon Christmas Bird Count. We'll be at the Highland Center for breakfast at 7:15 if you want to join us.

We're definately bringing crampons and snowshoes. Stilts may be required as well.

Chip said:
Pete, me and Paradox are doing something up there on Saturday, maybe Pierce/Eisenhower for Puck's Audubon Christmas Bird Count. We'll be at the Highland Center for breakfast at 7:15 if you want to join us.

We're definately bringing crampons and snowshoes. Stilts may be required as well.
Laurie and I are doing Jackson, and maybe Webster, the same day. We're leaving from the trailhead just south of Saco Lake.

Chip, see you at breakfast! :D

Tom Rankin said:
Laurie and I are doing Jackson, and maybe Webster, the same day. We're leaving from the trailhead just south of Saco Lake.

Chip, see you at breakfast! :D
Cool. So Pete, you have options for company if you want them. I'm pretty confident Crawford to the hut and summits will be broken out, but wouldn't count on Webster Cliff or Edmands to be. It'd be nice to get some feedback on that here by friday.

went up crawford path to clinton and its packed out, met someone who came up from mizpah on the summitt, so thats at least somewhat broken, I used snowshoes myself, crawfords could be done without, but with the snowcover out there now, sometimes its easier to use snowshoes as the rocks below the snow can be troublesome on the ankles, the snow has not consoladated enough yet to hide all of them.