Place to stay in Millinocket

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean

Reaction score
I'm heading to BSP next week to kick off the winter season.

We need a cheap, clean place to stay in Millinocket the night before we head in.
Any recommandations?

Thanks!

I've stayed in the Hotel Terrace a few times and it's OK. Has a restaurant. Owner changed last year and it seemed about the same.

It's just off the road from Medway as you come down the hill before hitting the down town area. 2 Minutes from the AT Cafe.

Phone: 207-723-4545
Address: 52 Medway Rd, Millinocket, ME

Web site

Last edited:
I've stayed several times in Medway at the Gateway, moments off I-95. Very pleasant, clean, inexpensive, and an indoor heated pool, too. When the sky is clear, they do indeed have a beautiful view of Katahdin. Only about 15 minutes to drive to the center of Millinocket. I can't say my info is up to date, but at the time, just a mile or so away where 157 crosses the river, Ruthie's East Branch had righteous burgers.

There's also a small minimart across the street (Medway) from Hotel Terrace that sells the usual minimart items as well as pizza

I've stayed at the Hotel Terrace and they were nice, they let me stash some stuff downstairs in the big basement while I was in Baxter in the winter of 07-08. Prices are reasonable...

Jay

Millinocket lodging

Agree with previous posters, several places that are fine but the Terrace seems to be the standard "last meal and shower" place before Baxter and has a plentiful and reasonable breakfast, a nice thing before heading up with the sled.
Enjoy!
John

Agree with previous posters, several places that are fine but the Terrace seems to be the standard "last meal and shower" place before Baxter and has a plentiful and reasonable breakfast, a nice thing before heading up with the sled.
Enjoy!
John
Interestingly, whenever I've stayed at the Terrace, I've left too early for breakfast, so I tend to always go to the AT Cafe a few blocks away on Maine Street (?). Can't beat that --

...Terrace seems to be the standard "last meal and shower" place before Baxter ... Enjoy!John
Who's standard? My standard is the Econolodge where there is an early "continental" breakfast ... not great but enough to get you going without having to make another stop.

And my standard meal the night before is the River Riders Restaurant.

... and my standard route to the park takes me to a couple reliable moose spotting areas.

... and my standard stops home include Freeport and Kittery.

... not to mention that a standard stop enroute is the NH state liquor store.

My, how I've become a creature of habit on my North Woods trips ... no wonder it takes me so long to make the trips!:D