Please help me!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still trying to make this bike ride, won't know till the last minute though. Darren, I will call you to talk over the details.

P.S. I will, however, be at the Escarpment hike and you know I will do all I can to support your cause.

sli74

P.S. Anyone who feels like sponsoring me for the Escarpment hike, email me or send me a PM (the money will finally go to TBTS through Darren)

Darren:

Just pledged on-line. I hope you have a sunny but not too warm day. I know what you mean about rain - I do a 3-day ride for the American Lung Association and last year it POURED on day 2. I was miserable and thinking how bad this really was and then I saw someone on a bike with an oxygen tank in tow. Really puts "miserable" and "bad" in perspective.

Good Luck!!!

darren said:
Also, just so people "know"....I have been asked not to make the specifics public (which I have full respect for this request), but this year's ride has a very special purpose. There is a member of this site who has had the horror of brain tumors hit very close to home during the past year. He is someone that most of you know and I can tell you that he will be in my thoughts throughout the entire ride this year........

Last years donation was made simply cuz you asked and gave the "If you use this site......" talk, this year it's made with this specific individual in mind. My only regret, is that it could not be more............

Our thoughts and prayers continue.

Help - I've fallen and they want me to get up!

The last time I rode a bike 50 miles Nixon was president! And we know how he ended up!

I am hoping that most of this ride is downhill.

But since it is probably not, you can help ease my anxiety by pledging some $$ to our cause. Knowing that I've got some good old VFFT support behind me will help keep me going.

So click my link on the VFTT team donation page and do what you can.

Thanks!

chrisb

Last edited:
"The checks in the mail"....not yet. But it will be sent at the beginning of next week. Good luck and thanks for your site. It is much appreciated.

Dropped my check in the mail box this morning. It's a small price to pay for a web site that gives me such pleasure.. Wait a minute, thats the other web site I go on... I meant to say a small price to pay for a web site that I enjoy very much:) TJH

Darren,

Thanks for the reminder nudge and for all you do.

Bob

What he said

hermit said:
I will make a donation at the Escarpment hike ,just like I did last year on the Devil's Path hike. I have also encouraged people where I work to make private donations to the TBTS,which they have.

Whether I make the hike or not, I will donate through the hike. It is an awsome thing you do to support this association, my hat is off to you.

check is in the mail from this appreciative mostly-lurker.
It's a good week when i've been able to spend as much time hiking as checking out VFTT.
thanks, darren.

On line donation made with 100% match, courtesy of State Street Corp. More than doubled last year's amount (thank God it's not a per post charge :eek:), and with State Street's generosity, it adds up quickly.

Couldn't figure out how to do sponsor anyone in particular, but it's the money that counts right?

Darren: thank you for you work for this worthy cause. And another thanks for this site and the friends who make it great!