President vacationing in Bar Harbor

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marty

Reaction score
THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY MOTIVATED THREAD

Just saw this article in the Boston Globe that the Obamas will be spending this weekend in Bar Harbor: http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/articles/2010/07/16/for_obamas_a_vacation_on_island_thats_seen_it_all/

The reason I am posting this is for the following sentence in the article:
"No public events are scheduled; the White House has said only that the Obamas will be spending a lot of time outdoors and doing some hiking." :D

Wonder if the Obamas will do the Precipice Trail?:
Marty

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY MOTIVATED THREAD
Wonder if the Obamas will do the Precipice Trail?:
Marty

I would guess not, as it's closed yet again to protect the nesting Peregrine Falcons.

I'm sure that security will be heightened, so add that to the regular summer traffic nightmare that is MDI, and I'd advise avoiding the island this weekend. Luckily I'll be doing the 100-Mile Wilderness southbound, well away from the crowds (of people, if not mosquitoes and deerflies!).

Chris

I hope they have a wonderful vacation, as we did in the area last week. We were on the Schooner Summertime and though most of the time we were sailing, we anchored one night off Pickering Island and much to our surprise found a small signed and blazed trail system there when we rowed to shore. The treats in Maine are countless and that region is so beautiful.

I hit up Bar Harbor for a summer weekend last year and thought it was great... expected more traffic actually than there really was so was nice. This year checking out Boothbay Harbor!