Primus Multi Fuel Stove ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
On my last trip using this stove the little fuel screen that 'should' be on the end of the plastic tube that is inserted into the fuel can popped off.

I've looked around online and can't find the proper way to fix this.

It doesn't just pop back on, not sure how it was originally attatched.

Any great ideas on how to remedy this?

Thanks!

Here is a pix of it... you can see the little ridge in the tube where it SHOULD be attatched.

Last edited:
I would try contacting Primus directly for their suggestions. It maybe be something that is covered under the warranty.

I wrote to them back in October when it happened, and again this morning before I posted Here, but I haven't heard back from them.

That does look like the same part in that kit, I'll have to look up the exact model I have to make sure it is correct.

Thanks!

I had a problem with my Optimus Nova, which at the time was sold by Brunton, who now sells Primus here in the US. I got no response from Brunton, so I emailed Optimus in Sweden and got a reply right away. You may want to try doing the same thing with your question by emailing Primus in Sweden.
E-mail: [email protected]

Last edited:
I have the Primus Himalaya Varifuel 3278, which includes the "innovative ErgoPump". My tube and filter appear to be all brass, though, maybe with a plastic insert for the filter body. I'll PM a picture if you think it'd be helpful. So that kit above does appear to be more what you have than what I have.

Got a reply from Primus today.
Yes Chip, that is the correct kit to repair it.

I've searched for which model mine is, seems like it was called an Everest maybe... We bought it ages ago, and I don't think they carry the same ones now.

Kit will be on the way soon.

Thanks. :)

I wrote to them back in October when it happened, and again this morning before I posted Here, but I haven't heard back from them.

That does look like the same part in that kit, I'll have to look up the exact model I have to make sure it is correct.

Thanks!

I've tried to writing to companies by email recently, and haven't got much response from them. Want them to respond? Post on their Facebook page! They want the world to see how responsive they are, so they jump right on it.