Rate your fitness level

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate your fitness level

• I\\\'m Reinhold Messner, Joan Benoit Samuelson, and Cavedog rolled into one!

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Ticking off four or five in the \\\'Dacks or Presidentials in one day is no prob for me!

Votes: 37 37.8%
  • After a few thousand feet of ups and downs I\\\'m ready to call it a day!

Votes: 50 51.0%
  • My boots/running shoes suffer prolonged periods of neglect...

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Geez, that walk from the car to the gift shop just killed me!

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I feel most comfortable at approximately 3.14159 but can move to a 4 if needed ... however, with some preparation and motivation, like a nicely filled pair of shorts ahead of me for example, I bet I can rise up to a 5.

Since we're splitting hairs, 2.2. And to paraphrase dial6212000, there's a lot of room between 1.5 and 2.8.

Stan said:
.. however, with some preparation and motivation, like a nicely filled pair of shorts ahead of me for example, I bet I can rise up to a 5.

I bet if those shorts were only a 2 you'd "downshift" real quick

:D

Hey, my shorts are a 2.... :confused: If I were "a nicely filled pair of shorts" as was so charmingly noted above -- and (I assume) female, and found myself closely followed by a strange guy, I might instantly become a 6 or 7, or perhaps consider the old bear spray.

Last edited:
Given the category descriptions, I'll admit to being a 1 with the "mental tenacity" to push up to a 4. There is some additional physcial ability there, since my boots do not suffer from daily neglect. I'm just not what you'd define as "fit". Never ran XC. Heck, I was a gymnast in my day. Totally different focus.

I just beg to differ that mental tenacity equals risk. If I'm physically pushing the personal envelope, I'm doing it VERY carefully. I realize where I am and what I'm doing. But, I'm always pushing mentally. It's all about where you want to be. There are times that my body wants to revolt and seems to have a mind of it's own. I'll re-adjust my pace and find the reserves to get back on track. It's amazing how far you can get on focus and determination.