Sept. 14: New Draft Management Plan for the Middlesex Fells

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffin

Reaction score
For those who have in interest in the Middlesex Fells - the DCR will unveil it's draft management plan for the Fells at a public meeting on 9/14.

(for some background on the previous plans, you can start here:
http://tinyurl.com/3s7tklv

it's an AMC page, but I find their summaries, while they do present the AMC's views, are more balanced and less distorted than what I've seen coming out of other agencies/interest groups. As always, do your own research and chew before swallowing)

From an email I received from the AMC:

After six months of public meetings and comments, next week the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) is set to release the draft Resource Management Plan (RMP) for the 2500-acre Middlesex Fells Reservation just north of Boston. The draft plan will serve as the guide for recreation and natural resource management at the Fells.

DCR is slated to present an overview of the plan’s contents and recommendations at a public meeting in Medford on September 14. After the meeting, the full draft plan will be available to the public on the DCR website for a 60-day comment period.

If you enjoy the Fells and care about its resources, I urge you to participate in the planning process, since it will determine the future management of this unique urban treasure.

Attend the public meeting on September 14 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm to hear about the plan for the Fells.

Where: McGlynn School Auditorium,
3001 Mystic Valley Parkway, Medford, MA

Thanks griffin and peaks for keeping us aware of developments. We met a couple of DCR wetlands scientists, working also on an RMP, inspecting the huge beaver pond and bog near Walden last week. Luckily my dog wasn't with us so I didn't have to escape back across the tracks.