Sherrill - 10/21/07

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob S

Reaction score
No time for a TR yet, but HERE are some pics.

Thanks to Mudhook for advising about the viewpoint. Holy freaken cow! I found it, and I think it's one of the top 5 best views in the Catskills!! And Sherrill really turned out to be a gem. I wasn't expecting anything overly exciting, but man-o-man these woods are a slice of heaven. Dark enchanted forest, an open glade, oddly shaped trees, rocky shelves, and an awesome viewpoint ..... doesn't get much better. Ya don't hear alot of folks talking about how nice of a mountain Sherrill is, but it's one of my new favorites, and one I am looking forward to again.

Still haven't downloaded the tracklog, but I did mark a waypoint for the viewpoint ...... not that it's difficult to find ..... but I doubt many others know about it. And ya can't see it from the canister.

Hi Eric,

I have 3 more peaks and 3 of the 4 winter climbs to finish. Barring any more deaths in our families (or friends), I hope to finish before the spring dinner and awards. We've dealt with 4 deaths (3 family, 1 friend) and a lung removed due to cancer in the past 13 months! And my mom is not doing well and received more bad news recently. But that's part of life ....... and death.

Hoping to return more often to the ADKs and Whites after finishing the Cat35. How about you? You must be getting close to finishing the 48, no?

Rob