Sleeping Pad For Backpacking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased the BA Insulated aircore Regular size...great mix of comfort, weight, R Value, size, and price. If it leaks, I won't be a happy camper!!

How is Big Agnes as a company, i.e. service, support, etc. I've never used any of their stuff but they seem to be regarded as one of the better companies. Their stuff is pretty expensive though. Their insulated Q-core pad seems to have a much higher R value compared to others but the weight is basically the same and it packs as small or smaller than many. I like the larger tubes down the edges too to "steer" you into the middle of the pad. I toss and turn quite a bit and find myself off of my old pad fairly easily.

Any feedback on Big Agnes as a company would be appreciated.

How is Big Agnes as a company, i.e. service, support, etc. [snip] Any feedback on Big Agnes as a company would be appreciated.

I had a Big Agnes Seedhouse SL whose urethane coating was disintegrating in places, particularly around the seams, in spite of my following the care directions. They replaced the tent & fly, no questions asked.

I'm not sure what you are leaning towards at this point, but a couple weeks ago I bought my husband a Neoair on clearance at EMS Nashua. It rolls to water bottle size and is super big and comfy in use. Their clearance stuff is currently an additional 25% off. I think I got it for around $40. He loves it.

I wound up getting an ultralight, insulated Q from Big Agnes. Seems durable, is pretty quiet and I really like the chamber construction. It took me 30 breaths to inflate it though. :(

I'd bet each of those breaths was worth at least 3 minutes of additional sleep per night of use.

Yeah, you will make the time back on the trail in the morning. Plus, they are more compressible, so you can do overnights with a smaller lighter pack. :)